How to add missing skeletons to MakeHuman's Nightly Build

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

How to add missing skeletons to MakeHuman's Nightly Build

Postby Déesse » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:05 pm

As long as the rigs in the current Nightly Builds are not complete, you can just replace the rigs by those of an older version (1.1). When you haven't saved an older version, you can download the rigs here: http://bit.ly/1HEnFIe

The picture shows where you will find the rigs.

MH_rigs.jpg
Déesse

Re: How to add missing skeletons to MakeHuman's Nightly Buil

Postby mercadier » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Make sure you put them in MakeHuman/data/rigs. NOT MakeHuman/rigs.
mercadier

Postby Aranuvir » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi Déesse,

based on your screen shot, it seems your are copying the extra stuff to the program folder of MakeHuman. It might be better to use the working directory of MakeHuman to store this stuff. It's the same folder where your models are stored. I assume the path to this folder is something like "..\Documents\MakeHuman\v1\data\rigs\" on Windows.
Aranuvir

Postby duststorm » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:06 am

Aranuvir wrote:the path to this folder is something like "..\Documents\MakeHuman\v1\data\rigs\" on Windows.

Exact.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Déesse » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:54 pm

You are right, my path seems to be a bit confusing ... :oops: I have several MH-versions running in my 'documents', extracted to an upper folder called 'makehuman' (sub-folders called MHA8 or MH1-1xxx). You have to choose the folder called 'data' on the same level as 'blendertools', 'plugins' and the exe-file. It is NOT the data-folder in V1 where the new rigs have to be copied to (on Windows 8.1)

MH_rigs2.jpg
Déesse

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi Déesse,

again, it is always BEST PRACTICE to keep program data and user data separate. When reusing outdated rigs, they should be treated like user data. This will prevent file-deletion on e.g. update processes. So DO NOT copy the rigs to the folder where the exe-file is located. BTW when you move the rigs to the user folder, they will be available to all your MH-versions at once, which can deal with these rigs.

@Joel: seems your FAQ is deliberately ignored on a wide range. Perhaps ad a link to the community header.

P.S: just thought about editing the "third party clothes FAQ" in a more general manner, like "third party stuff (models, clothes, rigs ...)" But I can't edit the headline.
Aranuvir

Postby joepal » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:56 am

Aranuvir wrote:Hi Déesse,

again, it is always BEST PRACTICE to keep program data and user data separate. When reusing outdated rigs, they should be treated like user data. This will prevent file-deletion on e.g. update processes. So DO NOT copy the rigs to the folder where the exe-file is located. BTW when you move the rigs to the user folder, they will be available to all your MH-versions at once, which can deal with these rigs.

@Joel: seems your FAQ is deliberately ignored on a wide range. Perhaps ad a link to the community header.

P.S: just thought about editing the "third party clothes FAQ" in a more general manner, like "third party stuff (models, clothes, rigs ...)" But I can't edit the headline.

Yeah, I wrote that when it was only possible to upload clothes and targets. I'll put doing something about it on my todo list.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Déesse » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:50 am

Thank you for discussing this once again, it will make things more understandable for others too. I just made a clean install on another computer and you are right: the rigs are showing, placed in V1 :D
Déesse

Postby duststorm » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:01 am

File attached to forum
Attachments
rigs.zip
Rigs
(488.37 KiB) Downloaded 1286 times
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Next

Return to Tutorials