[CONTRIBUTION] WIP - CUSTOM BASE MESH ( Game Ready )

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

[CONTRIBUTION] WIP - CUSTOM BASE MESH ( Game Ready )

Postby 3DD » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:14 pm

Hello !

First of all thank you so much for this amazing Open Program !

---

In the Process of Using Make human Meshes in a Game Engine as Unreal and Unity ( For a AAA Type of Game production .. )

----

I found the Base mesh ( high Polygon Proxy ) very Complete but Too high polygon ...

And the Low Polygon ( Too low polygon ) And uncomplete ... Lacking Feets fingers, InnerMount and EyeLashes

---

So im in the Hard process of Doing a Custom Retopology to the Make Human ( high polygon mesh ) ...

In order to Make SOmething out of the High Polygon Mesh, That is Optimized for using at AAA Games in Unreal ... But that Also Usable in low poly Unity

Still maintaining Absolutely all the features of Make Human high Polygon mesh ...

---

And its been quite hard .. Its quite a Insane puzzle ... ( I Already Worked like 20 hours in it ... )

... to Do the Hand made Retopology / maintaining the exact Main Mesh format and Same UVS ...

This is The Make Human base mesh Which have 18'372 Polys on the base body ...

Iv been eating Polygons 1 by 1 ... for "lunch" For 20 hours ...
Trying to Maintain The Mesh Exact Same features ...

And Right now My Optimized mesh Just have 7'600 Polys ...

And have the Same features, And look exactly the same ...
Also having more Geometry were Are the Body Bends And Muscles ...
Allowing Full Facial Animation ... Avoid streching even on Extreme poses ...

Iv tryed to maintain the Base mesh Quads ...

And it will sure take me a hell lot more time if i want to do the mesh "completly all quads based" ...
But Sincerely ( for a game engine ) Is not reaaly needed for the Character mesh to be Quads ...

Expecially because The game ENgine wilL COnvert the meshes on triangules on import ... Always ...
So its quite actually not needed ...

ON FURTHER OPTIMIZATIONS

I was able to go up to 2.800 Polygons Still Maintaining Absolutely all high Poly Mesh bending & Expression features ...

2'800 Polygons is already Geting near the Optimal 1500 polygons by Character Body mesh in any AAA Game ..

-------

Im Planing to do 3 versions of it ...

1 With 7'000 Polys .

1 With 3'000 Polys.

1 With 1'500 Polys ...

And IM PLANING TO RELEASE THIS ( Optimized Game ready ) MESHES SET FOR FREE ....

So that HOPEFULLY Can be Included on Makehuman Next versions ... As extra content ...

And i still have alot of work to do to clean it up ..
Add Innermounth and Eylashes to Existing uv set etc ...

:geek:

--

But as i invested Already some significant Amount of hours ...

At this point ... I Would like to have some SUPPORT From the Make Human team : If possible ...

---

I Would like to know :

1) Is it reaaly possible for my Custom Mesh to be Included in Makehuman Next versions ?

What are the requirements for that ?

Can i Actually Add my own meshes to Makehuman ?? ... Or must i Submith for the makehuman team Do the conversion for me ??

How do we convert the mesh to a .npz / .mhpxi proxymeshes to be read in make human, and be used as a base body ??

I searched everywere .. and i reaaly didnt found out how to Add our own custom Bodies ...

Im Quite ENtusiastic of having a Full Features "Game ready mesh" as good as the high poly...
Making this and other Base meshes By Myself in makehuman ... And It will be Reaaly cool to share with you wounderfull people around here ^^
As giving back ...

---

BUT ... I guess "if There is No Chances" For this Custom Retopology Meshes to come back to Makehuman. If are Impossible To be added in makehuman ...
This whole project might be a waste of time ... So i think its better for me to "Stop for now" and Receive some Feedback ...
Before i waste more 20 or 40 hours in it ... lol ...

COULD SOMEONE FROM MAKEHUMAN TEAM ILLUCIDATE-ME HOW SHOULD I PROCEED ?

In order to complete Sucessefully this project and add the new Meshes back to be usable again in makehuman ...

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS WOUNDERFULL PROGRAM AND ALL POSSIBLE SUPPORT !

Ruben

3DD Studio
3DD

Re: [CONTRIBUTION] WIP - CUSTOM BASE MESH ( Game Ready )

Postby duststorm » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:44 am

That's great work! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Yes, you can create a topology for MakeHuman, in the same way in which you create clothes (see the MakeClothes tutorials on the wiki). It will require thorough tweaking of the vertex groups especially in the face are to make the topology fit well, though. Add vertices that share the same position as basemesh vertices to the "Exact" group, this makes it more optimal and ensures a better fitting topology.
To have it in MakeHuman, your mesh needs to be all-quads though. MakeHuman does not support mixing triangles and quads, to keep performance high. Also, subdivision has not been implemented for triangle meshes.

For creating the proxies, it's possible that other can help you with this step if you share the meshes.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to User contributions