Spiderman

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Spiderman

Postby R45k0ln1k0w » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:22 am

The cloth effect is archieved using a normal map. I created the normal using the nvidia normal map tools and a basic cloth texture I created.

Diffuse texture

Normal map

I really would love to pose him, but I exported him with the default skeleton and its very hard to archieve cool poses using it. Is there any way to switch the skeleton without much hassle?
Some time ago I added the BEPU inverse kinematics system to the default skeleton, but if I just append that skeleton and use it as armature modifier the mesh does not deform. I thought, since the names of the vertex groups are the same, that it should be easy to reuse my BEPUik skeleton on any makehuman character... :(
R45k0ln1k0w

Postby joepal » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Only IK rig I have any experience with is MHX. But replacing an existing rig with MHX post-hoc will probably not be trivial.

It would probably be faster to make a completely new export and redo the changes you've made on the mesh.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby R45k0ln1k0w » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:11 pm

joepal wrote:Only IK rig I have any experience with is MHX. But replacing an existing rig with MHX post-hoc will probably not be trivial.

It would probably be faster to make a completely new export and redo the changes you've made on the mesh.

Okay... I solved the problem by creating a proxy mesh from my spiderman model and using it to export a mesh with a different rigtype. It's also quite handy to quickly adjust body features...

R45k0ln1k0w

Postby R45k0ln1k0w » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:08 pm

heres my current progress on my spidey. I did a quick pose and added a simplistic scene. I hope you like it.

R45k0ln1k0w

Postby duststorm » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:30 pm

Completely awesome! :)

Indeed bringing a completed model back in MakeHuman is very cool. I personally have done the same with scans of real people, being able to modify their body and change things like hair and clothes afterward. It's all pretty cool :)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby makeedward » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:53 pm

R45k0ln1k0w wrote:Another MakeHuman Project I am working on: Spiderman! I am currently working on texturing it... I used the male_generic base and and used the male_muscle topology to bake a normal map. The rest was just some poly editing in blender.

Dope. I try to make Spidey myself but couldn't do the boot & the mask part. How you manage to make the toes look like socks & flatten out the ears on the mask?
makeedward

Postby dalya6 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:39 am

very good character
dalya6

Postby R45k0ln1k0w » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:03 pm

makeedward wrote: Dope. I try to make Spidey myself but couldn't do the boot & the mask part. How you manage to make the toes look like socks & flatten out the ears on the mask?

Hi, I deleted them in blender and remodelled both poly by poly.
R45k0ln1k0w

Postby R45k0ln1k0w » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:06 pm

duststorm wrote:Completely awesome! :)

Indeed bringing a completed model back in MakeHuman is very cool. I personally have done the same with scans of real people, being able to modify their body and change things like hair and clothes afterward. It's all pretty cool :)

Using makehuman that way makes it a powerful tool to "semi-autorig" characters to the available makehuman rigs. Havent tried out characters wich arent based on the makehuman basemesh yet.
R45k0ln1k0w

Previous

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)