Usability issue in the "Design" Process

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Usability issue in the "Design" Process

Postby CruNcher » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:54 am

Hi im nooby new noob and currently Designing my first Female Char with your awesome Application, while in the Design Process currently i wondered if it would be possible to add another different pose then the current default A Pose but a Additional T-Pose and be able to change on the Fly between booth of them in the Interface, so that you can if necessary avoid important figure lines from being occluded from the Hands and Shoulder that you aren't really focused on in that moment.

Here is the Char im working on i decided to go straight with the unstable Nightlies

What also would be really helpful would be somekind of Figure Management right from the Interface so that you can save your current morph result and maybe even compare side by side (iteration compare) :)

Thx and keep on you all doing wonderful work here :)
CruNcher

Re: Usability issue in the "Design" Process

Postby CruNcher » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:42 am

Finished and amazed of the System @ work here :)

Angela :)

Wow just realized the Data on the Bottom crazy that was my Goal :)
CruNcher

Postby duststorm » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:00 am

You can already set a T pose: chose a rig, eg the default skeleton, then set T-pose as pose.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby CruNcher » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Ahhh yeah i needed a little bit more time to understand it i found the pose tab and also the pose change switch right in the front interface pose enable/disable button.

Also saw that the save system makes a icon for the save in the Gui and you can load that directly very nice :)

So basically both important parts are already covered i was to fast please forget this report :)

Compares between iteration states i do currently with the undo/redo function that works also so yeah everything is there, sorry.

I don't think it needs to be changed you just gonna find all this out as you go very great UI Design, so far i didn't had to RTFM that i call a great intuitive Design :)

Though maybe it's still possible to lower some task times i keep an eye on this especially the heavy clicking in the interface to reach and setting the morph sliders not sure if that is so efficient these days anymore.

Maybe a in the Viewport System would be more efficient in task execution times and reducing mouse movements on the zillion of tabs if carefully thought of, this could maybe even allow then to make complete fullscreen workflow :)

It would surely need more logic though (context sensitive).

I mean you go to the Viewport and tabs all the time changing things you always switching between them and always the mouse has to move a long way forth and back forth and back seems not really efficient on the first view,then to stay in the Viewport and access most functions directly from within it with shorter paths for the mouse :)

Also what would be nice a special Face Focus mode with 1 click concentrating entirely on the Face Design :)

And a possibility to switch the Camera on the Fly between the full body + face and this Face Focus Mode :)

I hope i didn't missed as well that this is possible already ;)
CruNcher

Postby duststorm » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:48 am

Perhaps some things we could experiment with in future versions. A feature like text search for sliders.
We also considered giving access to modifiers by clicking on the human, a GUI that allows this could be researched.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby CruNcher » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Would be great Additions for the Future for a more efficient Workflow :)
CruNcher

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:04 pm

Reviewing the very beneficial suggestion of CruNcher for a face camera, I would propose to even extend it to several self pre-definable camera settings for modelling and rendering purposes.
Aranuvir

Return to User contributions