Female Character

Works in progress and technical screen shots.

Moderator: joepal

Female Character

Postby R45k0ln1k0w » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:07 pm

Hi,

this is my current WIP, a basic female character I plan to animate and test in UE4. It uses the female genitalia proxy and the default rig with enabled BEPUik physics (maybe I'll upload a video of it later...). I did some scuplting, made a quick new texture and changed the rest pose to a T-pose.

Next things I need to do:

- Texture paint it
    - Improve weight painting on shoulder joints
    - create basic animations (Jump, JumpInAir, Walk, Run, Turn)
R45k0ln1k0w

Re: Female Character

Postby duststorm » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Nice start!
I'm certainly interested in your UE4 experiences, as I hope to be able to simplify the pipeline from MH to UE4 in the future.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby R45k0ln1k0w » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:31 pm

duststorm wrote:Nice start!
I'm certainly interested in your UE4 experiences, as I hope to be able to simplify the pipeline from MH to UE4 in the future.

I am a total beginner at ue4.. but it is quite easy to import any character into the engine... just export as fbx ASCII. You can get your character moving in less than 5 minutes without much effort. I guess this is the best tutorial on how to do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyYTYF0G5Kk
R45k0ln1k0w

Postby Manuel » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:39 pm

Very nice!
I'm looking forward to see the progress!

R45k0ln1k0w wrote:- Improve weight painting on shoulder joints

How will you improve the shoulder weights? Do you notice some errors?
Are you using the most recent nightly build? I recently committed a new version of weights database.
Manuel

Postby R45k0ln1k0w » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:20 am

Manuel wrote:How will you improve the shoulder weights? Do you notice some errors?
Are you using the most recent nightly build? I recently committed a new version of weights database.

Nevermind. I accidently prohibited the upperarm02 and lowerarm02 bones to twist around their y-axis, wich resulted in some strange clavicle rotation

Another problem was the groin area, especially the genitals (for example when doing a split or leaning forward..). I had to adjust the weights and now everything deforms nicely. I must say that I manually adjusted each bones position to fit my sculpt and maybe some vertices changed their respective position, but the problem with the groin area also occured in the unaltered mesh. The meshes were created with the nightly build version r1797.

Deformation of the base mesh with rotated pelvis:

Deformation with adjusted weights used for my sculpt:

sorry for the pose being a little provocative :D
R45k0ln1k0w

Postby Manuel » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:13 am

Ah thank you to point me to this bug.
It happens because the vertex used for proxy fitting are too "rigid" in that area.

I created an issue for it: http://bugtracker.makehuman.org/issues/895
Manuel

Postby brkurt » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Manuel wrote:Very nice!
I'm looking forward to see the progress!

R45k0ln1k0w wrote:- Improve weight painting on shoulder joints

How will you improve the shoulder weights? Do you notice some errors?

The shoulder joint can be tested best by extending the arms straight forward and tight to the chest, a pose rather like the 1930s' 'Mummy' movie.
The next is the 'divers' pose'--arms straight down and tight to the side of the body.

If these two poses can be accomplished with only weight painting and rigging, that would verge on the miraculous.

I would suspect that at least some small morph targeting would be necessary (shape keys in Blender).

The least effective test is the TPose, but everyone seems to choose that one first.
brkurt

Postby R45k0ln1k0w » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:32 pm

I did some further work on painting the body and face texture. Here is my progress so far:

R45k0ln1k0w

Postby R45k0ln1k0w » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Update: Did some basic anime hair and worked a little bit on the face to get closer to that anime-esque style I wish to accomplish. I also went back to using a relaxed rest pose rather than a T-pose.

R45k0ln1k0w

Postby duststorm » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:27 pm

Cool anime character! :)

Hmm, maybe we can add such a relaxed A/T pose to the pose library in the future.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Next

Return to WIP (Work In Progress)