Eye Styles?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Eye Styles?

Postby Uirebaeron » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:43 am

Eye Style's as in Normal-Anime Looking ones if it's possible?
Uirebaeron

Re: Eye Styles?

Postby brkurt » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:32 am

Uirebaeron wrote:Eye Style's as in Normal-Anime Looking ones if it's possible?

I'm assuming that you're talking about irises and corneas.

For that, go here:

http://www.3dxo.com/textures/eyes

You will have to create the new eyes in a 3d modeling program; I use Blender.

Anime eyes in Makehuman will need to be 50% larger than the biggest size MH has presently got; you will need to model them, again in a 3d program.

To do that: separate out the eyes, making sure that they are still associated with the armature.

For the face/skull, resize the ocular cavities using the Proportional Editor.

But remember! Anime is 2d; not 3d; you must be prepared for something different than what you expected. ;)
brkurt

Postby learning » Sun May 03, 2015 6:30 am

I'm sure there are more fitting tools for making 3d-anime characters than MH, something like DAZ, MMD or whatever those otakus use these days. If you are to adapt MH to anime, you'd need to rehaul a lot of things about how body parts are processed, not just eyes but also nose, face shape, skin etc. This may be doable eventually, but I can't fathom it happening in near future.

>http://www.3dxo.com/textures/eyes

Now that's handy. I've taken a few of the cooler designs from there and adapted them to .mhmat, they are lower resolution than MH eyes but still look okay on the models. Also, those textures are free for personal use and the entity that made them seems to have gone to the pasture, so I think I'm gonna treat them as abandonware :twisted:
learning

Postby Aranuvir » Sun May 03, 2015 9:01 am

learning wrote:[...] Also, those textures are free for personal use and the entity that made them seems to have gone to the pasture, so I think I'm gonna treat them as abandonware :twisted:

Very dangerous opinion! I cannot follow. A quick check of the referring sites, though I did not try to contact the site owners, gave me the impression to be quite vital. I do not think this is abandon-ware!
Aranuvir

Postby learning » Sun May 03, 2015 10:17 pm

I'm gonna treat them as such anyway. Cause I don't care.

Also, there's another interesting way of making eyes of any weird color you want: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... xture-Pack There are like 15 layers and you colorize them in gimp any way you prefer to get the texture you want.
learning

Postby Balmung » Fri May 08, 2015 7:04 pm

learning wrote:I'm sure there are more fitting tools for making 3d-anime characters than MH, something like DAZ, MMD or whatever those otakus use these days. If you are to adapt MH to anime, you'd need to rehaul a lot of things about how body parts are processed, not just eyes but also nose, face shape, skin etc. This may be doable eventually, but I can't fathom it happening in near future.

Yeah, that is all what I heard since over 5 Years "not in the near Future", I give it up that there comes something for MakeHuman and I still haven't find something like MakeHuman for 3D Anime Characters...
Balmung

Return to User contributions