Tutorial: MH 1.1.0 to SL/Opensim

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Re: Tutorial: MH 1.1.0 to SL/Opensim

Postby duststorm » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:52 pm

If you can tell us between which vertices the joints have to be centered, we can automate it.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Edde » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Bo Orsini wrote:
Edde wrote:Dear BO, I follow all steps with the new MAKEHUMAN 1.1 and not worked again.
Still the same deformation on torso/arms

ON LEFT side the original model from makehuman with rig. the RIGHT side I am wearing the same one.

Edde, upload with Joints Enabled? It looks like you uploaded the model with Joints Disabled. And then it follows the SL Skeleton inworld. Also, relog after you wear it and then show me a snapshot of your worn body.

Yes, I did. I uploded like this: Image
Edde

Postby Edde » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Manuel wrote:
Edde wrote:Dear BO, I follow all steps with the new MAKEHUMAN 1.1 and not worked again.
Still the same deformation on torso/arms

The shoulders were fixed yesterday so the fixed data is in the today Nigthly build.

Hello, Manuel, thank you for the information, I will try the new version of the MK and post pictures here.
Edde

Postby Bo Orsini » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:46 pm

duststorm wrote:If you can tell us between which vertices the joints have to be centered, we can automate it.

Will take some time to figure that out precisely but I will try. At least I know what you're talking about now. Will use a standard un-edited MH model. Does it matter which topology used, Duststorm?
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Postby Edde » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:53 pm

Hello Manuel and BO, I got makehuman today version ( 19 ) .

I opened the file model there, I selected opensim skeleton and then I save as collada using METERs and X UP and face X.
I imported on blender and did all steps described here and it looks like this now:

Edde

Postby Bo Orsini » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:56 pm

Edde wrote:Hello Manuel and BO, I got makehuman today version ( 19 ) .

I opened the file model there, I selected opensim skeleton and then I save as collada using METERs and X UP and face X.
I imported on blender and did all steps described here and it looks like this now:

Use Z Up and Face X. And this is the result for skipping the Blender import/export step. So, you need to export from MH as collada, import into Blender and export as collada again using the tutorial in my first post (remember to enable the rigged preset!). That will fix this issue.

(edit: typo)
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Postby Edde » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Bo Orsini wrote:
Edde wrote:Hello Manuel and BO, I got makehuman today version ( 19 ) .

Use Z Up and Face X. And this is the result for skipping the Blender import/export step. So, you need to export from MH as collada, import into Blender and export as collada again using the tutorial in my first post (remember to enable the rigged preset!). That will fix this issue.

(edit: typo)

Ok, BO. thank you.

I did like this: Image

And this: Image

And I uploded to SL checking : INCLUDE THE WEIGHTS AND JOINT POSITION and now looks like this:
Edde

Postby Bo Orsini » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:19 pm

All good! But I still miss your Blender screenshot. ;)
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Postby Edde » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:24 pm

Bo Orsini wrote:All good! But I still miss your Blender screenshot. ;)

But Bo, you said to SKIP the steps in Blender, you said to upload the makehuman new file to SL.

Or I misunderstood ?
Last edited by Edde on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edde

Postby Bo Orsini » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:27 pm

Edde wrote:
Bo Orsini wrote:All good! But I still miss your Blender screenshot. ;)

But Bo, you said to SKIP the steps in Blender, you said to upload the makehuman new file to SL.

Or I miseranderstood ?

I think you misunderstood that. For now it's not yet possible to skip the Blender step. We're getting close though. Still, it's needed to import into Blender and then export it again.
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials