Disable nipples

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Disable nipples

Postby mbug90 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:32 pm

I am really upset that there is no option to disable the nipples on the female mesh. Someone else wanted this 6 years ago and we still don't have it.

MakeHuman devs, if you have no plans to implement a "nipples off" function, make plans. Do what is best for the user and make the user's dreams come true. Your cooperation makes us very happy.
mbug90

Re: Disable nipples

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:34 am

mbug90 wrote:
MakeHuman devs, if you have no plans to implement a "nipples off" function, make plans. Do what is best for the user and make the user's dreams come true.

That's very insulting to the development team. They have a pipeline of features that they are working on and if this is a low priority item then given this is a free piece of software you don't have much recourse for complaint.
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Postby joepal » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:26 am

mbug90 wrote:I am really upset that there is no option to disable the nipples on the female mesh. Someone else wanted this 6 years ago and we still don't have it.

MakeHuman devs, if you have no plans to implement a "nipples off" function, make plans. Do what is best for the user and make the user's dreams come true. Your cooperation makes us very happy.

"You suck because you're not working harder on your spare time to give me more stuff for free?". Interesting sentiment.

Anyway, this does not require a code intervention. It's a target. The tool for making targets has been available for years.

You, sir, suck for not reading the documentation and making an effort to understand and use the available tools.

Suggestions:

Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby sexy_muscle1977 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:49 pm

It's simply a matter of going in to the MH folder, go to Data, Skins, load the skin textures into a graphic editor, clone a smooth patch of skin over the nipples, save and no more nipples.
sexy_muscle1977

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:14 pm

sexy_muscle1977 wrote:It's simply a matter of going in to the MH folder, go to Data, Skins, load the skin textures into a graphic editor, clone a smooth patch of skin over the nipples, save and no more nipples.

not so fast... nipples are part of the mesh. You could use sculpting to eliminate them from the mesh or at least smooth them down.
SaltyCowdawg

Postby sexy_muscle1977 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:52 pm

With out the nipple textures there simply bumps. You see the like going to the store in the summer.
sexy_muscle1977

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:42 pm

sexy_muscle1977 wrote:With out the nipple textures there simply bumps. You see the like going to the store in the summer.

If there's clothes on the character then the texture doesn't matter much.
SaltyCowdawg

Postby learning » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:24 pm

Alternatively, you could use one of low-poly topologies, those have no nipples as well.
learning

Postby Datajunkie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:03 am

What appears to have happened in this thread is someone not understanding what the product is (anatomically correct). You just learned about it somewhere and didn't pay attention. Got all giddy for your own uses (why you have naked models in your scenes and are ashamed of the human body is beyond me) totally ignoring the goal of this project.

If you reply I am sure you will be aggravated and defensive but keep in mind that nipples are a fact of life. YOU WILL NEVER ABOLISH THEM FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH! So why here? Nipples are great! I really like nipples... In my current project if I don't want people seeing the ALMIGHTY nipples I will put a top on them... Guess what I also put the genitals on them too... I am not ashamed of the human body... I think it is pretty damn neat.
Datajunkie

Postby learning » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:17 am

Well, one can't judge the way someone is going to use their software. Maybe he's making a model for a next gen Barbie doll or something? This said, I really don't support when people go like "the devs should drop everything and go cater for my desires!" This happens only too often in opensource software.
learning

Next

Return to User contributions