wanna share hairs and cloths ?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby newbMH » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:49 pm

i think in this forum somebody out there will shares their creations such as hairs and cloths including tutorial how to create it step by step
newbMH

Re: wanna share hairs and cloths ?

Postby Manuel » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:31 pm

The space for tutorials is here: viewforum.php?f=14

Sharing 3d objects is more complex, because the user must demonstrate that he is the copyright owner of the material he is going to share.
We are studying the best way to implement it. Perhaps something will be ready in the early months of 2015, but atm our energies are focused on implementing new MH features and fix bugs, in order to complete the version 1.1 before the end of the year.
Manuel

Postby newbMH » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:21 am

thankyou for this information ;)
sorry for late reply
newbMH

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:25 pm

newbMH wrote:i think in this forum somebody out there will shares their creations such as hairs and cloths including tutorial how to create it step by step

I've actually started to create tutorials based on my limited but hard won knowledge. http://3d-art.berghold.net/?page_id=120
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Postby brkurt » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:59 pm

newbMH wrote:i think in this forum somebody out there will shares their creations such as hairs and cloths including tutorial how to create it step by step

Feel free to use the models and clothes that I have created. I'm thinking the best way to prove an original creation is to sketch it on paper, then scan that to an image file. Proof of copyright can then be audit-trailed forward all the way to the finished creation.

If there is another way, I'm all ears and eyes. I'm simply using the basis for the $500 M US patent battle between Apple and Samsung over a tablet design, which appears to have been sketched on a paper napkin.
brkurt

Postby learning » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:16 pm

I don't think creators actually need to prove their ownership of things they share. It's the people who try and claim copyright infrigement who have to prove they own rights to the infriging content. That's how burden of proof works in all civilized law, no need to reinvent the wheel or try to be holier than the Pope here. And honestly, scarcity of clothes and haircuts in MH is one of its weakest points. MH is in a dire need to streamline this process. There are not too much people willing to share their creations as it is, so it is absolutely necessary to make the process of sharing as quick and easy as possible for those who would do so. Anything not to discourage anyone from contributing to the project.
learning

Postby brkurt » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:21 pm

learning wrote:I don't think creators actually need to prove their ownership of things they share. It's the people who try and claim copyright infrigement who have to prove they own rights to the infriging content. That's how burden of proof works in all civilized law, no need to reinvent the wheel or try to be holier than the Pope here. And honestly, scarcity of clothes and haircuts in MH is one of its weakest points. MH is in a dire need to streamline this process. There are not too much people willing to share their creations as it is, so it is absolutely necessary to make the process of sharing as quick and easy as possible for those who would do so. Anything not to discourage anyone from contributing to the project.

I'm suggesting that there be a standardized audit trail to protect the project, no my (or anyone else's') career. In an engineering process, that is called the creation of a 'blue book', that contains a statement of intent, following by some sort of committee minutes to fine-tune that statement, the preliminary drawings and finally a prototype.

As an example: In 2005 I used Blender to create a 2.3 M Cdn extension / elevation for the college I work for http://www.stpeterscollege.ca, and that is the 'blue book' that the architects and engineeers used. The prototype drawings are now on a billboard that you can see when you come in off the highway to visit my college.

So...if it works for big projects, it should work for a smaller one.
brkurt

Postby Ryans_emporium » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:24 am

Best not to complicate it into processes that are geared for engineering as that is tied to other rational , failure of parts and CE audit-ability for consumer protection and liability, which is highly inappropriate for 3D virtual assets.

Keep it simple and have a robust submission process like blender swap appear to have, and then let people get on with loading quality stuff. If the market finds conflict just ensure you have a resolution process that's fair. Ultimately the responsibility falls to authorship ... under strict terms, copyright is pretty robust - if it is over complicated people just stay away. Make it low friction and point out the terms clearly - most people know that copying something is obviously wrong.
Ryans_emporium

Postby learning » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:21 am

Hate to reanimate this thread, but scarcity of clothing is still one of the biggest detriments of MH. Any ideas as to where one can obtain new clothes?
learning

Postby brkurt » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:17 am

learning wrote:Hate to reanimate this thread, but scarcity of clothing is still one of the biggest detriments of MH. Any ideas as to where one can obtain new clothes?

Are you planning clothing for personal or professional uses? If professional, then you have to demonstrate that you created every aspect--right down to the lines on paper--of your garment. It won't matter if you are using OptiTex or Blender (commercial or open-source); once you decide to sell your creation you will need an audit trail. ;)

If you want to create your own clothes quickly, I would suggest downloading the trial version of Marvelous Designer; you can use the projects I have left on the WIP section of the forum to get started. :)
brkurt

Next

Return to User contributions