Marvelous Designer 3 Beta 1.1.3

Tips, trick's, and links about computer graphics world

Moderator: joepal

Marvelous Designer 3 Beta 1.1.3

Postby brkurt » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Hello everyone...

Here is a screenshot of the newest Marvelous Designer. Some of its features are drool-worthy. 8-)

brkurt

Re: Marvelous Designer 3 Beta 1.1.3

Postby duststorm » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Look interesting, though I must admit that I do not find the 3D viewport render of that piece too realistic. It's a little plain.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby brkurt » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:08 pm

duststorm wrote:Look interesting, though I must admit that I do not find the 3D viewport render of that piece too realistic. It's a little plain.

Yeah, after you mentioned that, I had the avatar walking on the pool of the Sanctuary At Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale Arizona.

Once I've purchased a legal copy--they still have not decided what the price will be for Version 3--but it will probably be reasonable--then I'm going to do an in-depth tutorial about integrating
Marvelous Designer with Blender and Makehuman.

The idea will be how to use MD as the performance measurement for any clothes created with Blender and MH.
brkurt

Postby duststorm » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:58 pm

brkurt wrote:Yeah, after you mentioned that, I had the avatar walking on the pool of the Sanctuary At Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale Arizona.

I meant that the cloth itself does not look completely real. But this is probably a lot less noticeable when it is in motion.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby brkurt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:56 am

I just purchased a one-year license for the base package of Marvelous Designer, and it met my expectations. My 'Evil Kung Fu Villainess' exported in Collada format flawlessly into Marvelous Designer. Interestingly enough, I tried some older models with multiple materials (I was trying the Angela Guedette approach) and they imported as well.

The base package does not animate, but hey, that's what Blender is for.

Definitely a worthy addition to a workflow; the only setback is that although I can post the videos of animations anywhere I like (mostly I'm going to use Vimeo), I can only post the models (commercially) on the Marvelous Designer site. So...I'll have to create parallel workflows. :geek:
brkurt

Postby duststorm » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:56 pm

brkurt wrote:I can only post the models (commercially) on the Marvelous Designer site.

Very limiting indeed. Too bad, really.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Teto » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Is there a good alternative of this soft, free or not too expensive ? MD 5 looks great, but too expensive. I must admit that I didn't tested MakeClothes yet. :lol:
Teto

Postby Manuel » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:27 pm

Teto wrote:Is there a good alternative of this soft, free or not too expensive ? MD 5 looks great, but too expensive. I must admit that I didn't tested MakeClothes yet. :lol:

Note that, despite his name, MakeClothes is not to create clothes, but to convert a 3d object in MH clothes.
MakeClothes does not model clothes, only save them.
Manuel

Postby brkurt » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:37 am

Manuel wrote:
Note that, despite his name, MakeClothes is not to create clothes, but to convert a 3d object in MH clothes.
MakeClothes does not model clothes, only save them.

Hello Manuel...

I've finished beta-testing MD4, and made a few positive contributions, notably ensuring the custom rigs pass through the MD4 import/export process.
I've left quite a few MD4 projects on the MD forum, so...if anyone wants to try out MD4 for 15 days, they can get up and running pretty fast. :)

All my models are MH, from Alpha 5.1 to MH 1.1 unstable.

The big thing for MH is the 'advancing front quadrilateral mesh' algorithm used to calculate drapes and folds; I believe a careful look at this mesh result (as a wavefront object) should be useful. It's greatest drawback is that it lacks bilateral symmetry, making it nearly impossible to rig. Still, it's worth a look. :geek:
brkurt

Postby duststorm » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:41 am

The fact that MD allows export of quad meshes is very valuable indeed.
From what I heard, the only thing still required is a way of transferring the UV coordinates back to the mesh.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Next

Return to Off topic