Wacom not working with alpha 2

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Wacom not working with alpha 2

Postby Guestswanttoposttoo » Sun May 24, 2009 10:58 am

I'm trying out the alpha 2 version for Windows and noticed that the mouse cursor acts all funky when using a Wacom tablet with a pen. When I zoom or rotate the character, it moves way too fast and the program registers "mouse clicks" at a completely different location than where the cursor is. As I don't have any mouse here, Makehuman is completely unusable for me.

I didn't have any problems with the older versions.

WinXP SP3, 2GB RAM, graphire4
Guestswanttoposttoo

Re: Wacom not working with alpha 2

Postby Manuel » Thu May 28, 2009 8:46 am

Previous version, do you mean MH 1.0.0 alpha1, or MH0.9.1 ?

thx,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby Guestswanttoposttoo » Thu May 28, 2009 7:34 pm

All the older ones, as I wrote.
Guestswanttoposttoo

Postby ChrisB » Sun May 31, 2009 6:42 pm

Guestswanttoposttoo wrote:I'm trying out the alpha 2 version for Windows and noticed that the mouse cursor acts all funky when using a Wacom tablet with a pen. When I zoom or rotate the character, it moves way too fast and the program registers "mouse clicks" at a completely different location than where the cursor is. As I don't have any mouse here, Makehuman is completely unusable for me.

I didn't have any problems with the older versions.

I have a Wacom Bamboo. If the tablet is set to Tracking mode I can certainly get the sort of behaviour you've described. Alpha 1 was the same, but it still may be worth checking: From the Start menu select Pen Tablet:Pen Properties and select Mouse Mode. The difference is with the sensitivity, because in Pen Mode a small movement represents a larger mouse movement. I don't know if this would explain why mouse clicks register at a different location, as I've not experienced that with MH.

I have experienced a cursor synchronisation problem with InkScape that turned out to be a bug with the Wacom driver and was able to patch that, if you think that might be the problem I may be able to find the Internet site that described how to patch the driver (I recall that the site described the solution for this problem when using Gimp). I may also be able to remove the patch to see if that affects MH Alpha2 if you're still having difficulty.

Regards,
Chris B.
ChrisB

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests