Extend Textures Database

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Extend Textures Database

Postby Abyyss » Tue May 06, 2014 7:50 am

Hello,
For MakeHuman 1.0 version

A few days ago I've made a skin tone biblio (only a work on gimp, unfortunately) at the current link Skin Database. I hope you can help me to improve or modify it (giving the parameters to modify it in gimp)
You have to put it in the documents\makehuman\v1\data and make a fusion with the skin directory.

Now, I've worked on the eyebrows (only on gimp, as always, but it's a lot of work anyway) at the current link Eyebrows Database.
It doesn't work in the documents, so i've put it in the makehuman root directory: makehuman-1.0.0-win32\data\ and make a fusion with the eyebrows directory : I think it may be necessary to correct this...

And the Hair color (only on gimp, as always) for the LongHair hairstyle only to go with the eyebrows at the current link Longhair Database
It doesn't work in the documents, so i've put it in the makehuman root directory: makehuman-1.0.0-win32\data\hair and make a fusion with the fhair01 directory : I think it may be also necessary to correct this...

I tried to import some hairstyle from alpha7 or alpha8 version, but it's is not compatible and i'm a poor user of blender. I also tried to import free models of caracters to extract the hairstyle, but it's difficult to convert triangle mapping in quad mapping and the makehuman mod for blender seem to limit the importation options to the hair generated by the makehuman target mod. So if anyone is ok in sharing the hairstyle he created to the makehuman community, it will be welcomed!

Abyyss
Abyyss

Re: Extend Textures Database

Postby learning » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:48 pm

I'd like to thank you (probably a bit too late), this was actually very helpful. I hope they will make it easier to contribute and install contributed models and textures in Makehuman later. Also, I've found a bug: if you have a skin texture that is only present in your home directory, but not in the root folder, then use this skin on a model, save it, then close Makehuman, reopen it and load the model, it will lose the texture.
learning

Postby duststorm » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:09 pm

learning wrote:Also, I've found a bug...

(skin) textures belong in the data/skins or data/textures folder. If they are someplace else, anything can happen, but it's not supported.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby learning » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:51 am

In my case they are in ~/makehuman/v1/data/skins/textures so it should work. Or do you mean they can only be in /usr/share/makehuman/data/skins/ ?
learning

Postby duststorm » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:53 pm

learning wrote:In my case they are in ~/makehuman/v1/data/skins/textures so it should work. Or do you mean they can only be in /usr/share/makehuman/data/skins/ ?

No, that's fine. They can be either in the application or home path.
But note that MH does not load textures directly, it loads material files. So if your skins do not come with a material definition file, you will not be able to use them.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby learning » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:23 am

duststorm wrote:No, that's fine. They can be either in the application or home path.
But note that MH does not load textures directly, it loads material files. So if your skins do not come with a material definition file, you will not be able to use them.

I am too, it's just that the model loses the skin if it's closed and re-opened.
learning

Return to User contributions