A number of suggestons

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

A number of suggestons

Postby InsaneXade » Sun May 04, 2014 8:12 pm

Forgive me if they are repeats, I skimmed only the first page. This is just a few things I came up with while working with the 1.0.0 make human models.

1.) An option not to have the textures exported. Personally I like working with a blank slate when it comes to my characters. This way I don't have to spend time painfully removing unnecessary textures.

2.) Allow the eyes to be pushed back for when a more anime or cartoony character is desired. I spent a considerable amount of time in Blender doing just that and making the skull a little wider in key places to accommodate the larger eyes that I want to have.

3.) No ears option. This leaves the possibility open for the anthropomorphic characters who do not need human ears. Instead they use animal type ears that are often simply pushed into the skull for lack of words.

4.) The sneakers, and possibly the rest of the shoes need to be properly rigged. I had to remove the groups and add automatic weights.

5.) True symmetry. I had to use the topographic symmetry in order to keep both sides close enough. This doesn't really bother me but when it came time to move the eyes around I had to go by the numbers.

6.) A skintight starter suit. Something that those who prefer to get down and dirty with clothing modeling can really use to extrude, duplicate and make our own clothing without losing too much of the polygon groups. For example, if I want to add a collar to the T-shirt to transform it into a tunic I can do that and simply add the finished collar to the needed groups. (Perhaps blender does this automatically? I haven't gotten that far yet.) I know I can add a conform modifier to make it conform but that doesn't help when there are two separate articles of clothing and I want a jumpsuit.

You guys have done an outstanding job. Keep up the excellent work. I can hardly wait for the 1.1 release, for the facial rig. By not using shape keys you give people the ultimate customization without having to scrap a lot of your work to get anywhere.
Thank you.

If I think of more I'll let you know.
My Contributions
None at the moment

Main Complaints:
Make the avatars a little bit bigger, I cannot get my preferred avatar smaller than 8.25 without it looking terrible.
Fave Blender related sites: (Google them)
Blender Cookie
Blendswap
InsaneXade

Re: A number of suggestons

Postby duststorm » Mon May 05, 2014 3:01 am

InsaneXade wrote:4.) The sneakers, and possibly the rest of the shoes need to be properly rigged. I had to remove the groups and add automatic weights.

This is a known issue http://bugtracker.makehuman.org/issues/46

InsaneXade wrote:5.) True symmetry. I had to use the topographic symmetry in order to keep both sides close enough. This doesn't really bother me but when it came time to move the eyes around I had to go by the numbers.

MakeHuman has a symmetry button that will make your mesh symmetric

InsaneXade wrote:6.) A skintight starter suit.

You can use the helper geometry

InsaneXade wrote:You guys have done an outstanding job. Keep up the excellent work. I can hardly wait for the 1.1 release

MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Re: A number of suggestons

Postby InsaneXade » Mon May 05, 2014 7:28 am

duststorm wrote:
InsaneXade wrote:5.) True symmetry. I had to use the topographic symmetry in order to keep both sides close enough. This doesn't really bother me but when it came time to move the eyes around I had to go by the numbers.

MakeHuman has a symmetry button that will make your mesh symmetric

InsaneXade wrote:6.) A skintight starter suit.

You can use the helper geometry

I know you have a symmetry button, I used that repeatedly (as this was a bug in alpha) but when it comes to x axis mirror I had to enable the topology sym to move both halves without distortion. As I said before this doesn't bother me, but I'm thinking about someone with lesser experience than myself.

Where is this helper geometry? I found the clothes in make human but not that.

PS I saw MakeClothes mentioned a few times but a quick google search didn't give me a download link. That's probably what I need to do in order to make the clothes for my art. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Never mind I found them, and I think I'll play ith make target and contribute my no ears morph and the eye push back and other things that I come up with :) That way everyone can use them. I can already see myself making my own edits to the targets and sharing them with everyone. Elf ears, no ears, ect :) this will be much easier to do instead manually making them per character. Now I can make my adjustments and just move a few sliders
My Contributions
None at the moment

Main Complaints:
Make the avatars a little bit bigger, I cannot get my preferred avatar smaller than 8.25 without it looking terrible.
Fave Blender related sites: (Google them)
Blender Cookie
Blendswap
InsaneXade

Return to User contributions