skin tone

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

skin tone

Postby amunra777 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:22 pm

skin tone
skin tone Africans
http://humanae.tumblr.com/
amunra777

Re: skin tone

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:18 pm

Very nice reference.

I've been having a devil of a time converting one of the stock MH skin textures to something resembling the skin tone I used to see first hand in the South Pacific.
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:54 pm

south-pacific-female-test.png
South Pacific skin tone
Here's an example of what I've been playing around with for the last few days. This is what I call "close but no cigar" in terms of South Pacific ethnic skin tone. Example: Filipina.
Too much red in it...
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Postby amunra777 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:19 pm

amunra777

Postby Abyyss » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 am

Hello everyone,
I'm a small frenchy and beginner on makehuman. I'm not used to 3D modeling but i'm working to improve a little by the use of gimp (i'm also a beginner here). I tried to modify skins in order to have a more complete bibliotheca of the 3 types (caucasian, african, and asian) of skins.
I'm also trying to improve de hair and ayebrows bibliotheca, probably in next issue.
Here is the link from my google drive skins bliblio to copy in the documents\makehumain Skins.
Abyyss

Postby Manuel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:06 am

Nice. I see you only worked on the texture overall color tone, right?
Manuel

Postby Abyyss » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 am

Yes, exactly. That's far from beeing perfect, for sure, but there are 5 differents tones for both male and female, for the 3 races with thumbs taken from Makehuman to make difference between females and males.
I think it's necessary to make adjustements, so i noted each adjustment with gimp on a txt file (sorry for the french). I'm really a beginner, but i'm happy to complete a little this wonderful soft.
Abyyss

Postby brkurt » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Abyyss wrote:Yes, exactly. That's far from beeing perfect, for sure, but there are 5 differents tones for both male and female, for the 3 races with thumbs taken from Makehuman to make difference between females and males.
I think it's necessary to make adjustements, so i noted each adjustment with gimp on a txt file (sorry for the french). I'm really a beginner, but i'm happy to complete a little this wonderful soft.

If I may make a suggestion, a good place to start with skin tone is to create three layers in a program like GIMP (though I prefere Inkscape).
One can be the base pure color, the other two should be procedural textures like clouds or plasma. :geek:

The exported png file will yield a more natural-looking starting point for texture painting of features.

I've used the GIMP dropper tool to sample the Caucasian Tanned color scheme, and created a GIMP .xcf file, a .png file, and a screen shot of a work-in-progress using this texture.

here are the files for you to play around with:

http://www.geekopolis.ca/textures/tannedCaucasianTemplate1.xcf

http://www.geekopolis.ca/textures/tannedCaucasianTemplate1.png
brkurt

Postby lostchao11 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:09 pm

amunra777 wrote:skin tone
skin tone Africans
http://humanae.tumblr.com/

do you have anymore like the african pic
lostchao11

Return to User contributions