Two suggestions

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Two suggestions

Postby Aironenero » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to create a direct exporter for Cinema 4D.
Another idea that came to me was to adjust the system of bones in game mode to fit for the unity 3d standard?
Aironenero

Re: Two suggestions

Postby duststorm » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Sure, you can create a plugin for it, like the other exporter plugins that are available (enough examples in the plugins folder).

What format are you thinking of exporting for Cinema4D? Note that you best choose a format that has been documented (such as OBJ or DAE which are already present in MH). If you have to reverse engineer a (binary) format, you're going to have your work cut out for you (and it might break without notice in the next version of Cinema4D).
Or you could create your own format (like we did with MHX), but it's very work and maintenance intensive as well, and will need scripts for Cinema4D too.
You're best option is to look for a documented or already available format that imports in Cinema4D, then perhaps tweak the settings for that to make it better compatible.

We're going to support exporting in T-pose from MakeHuman in the future, so that should improve out-of-the-box Unity Meccanim support. Whether there is a rig adapted to be recognized automatically by Meccanim depends a bit on the feedback and suggestions we get from the community.
Search around on the forum or youtube, there are enough topics and tutorials of people exporting to Unity.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Aironenero » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:53 pm

thanks duststorm, i havent tried the wawefront exporter, i export also the rig?
Aironenero

Postby duststorm » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Wavefront is the most simple mesh format, but it does not support rigs. You will have to look for something more complex. Collada or FBX are probably your best guess.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Aironenero » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:21 pm

How i can export a character with the mouth close?
Aironenero

Return to User contributions