What's up with that?!?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

What's up with that?!?

Postby kenyb » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:57 pm

You guys are doing a GREAT JOB, But... Why does all the male characters look like they have boners??? Can you please let us have one pair of pants that don't look so vivid? Even when you make a male character and turn everything down, when you put the pants on BAM! I understand where you going with the detail, but please think about us Weekend Warrior Game Designers. You guys are True Hero's to us. I Love the fact that I can make 3D models so quick and easy. And you guys making it all possible for us. I'm Currently using Blender 2.69 and Make Human is working great with the game engine. Thanks again...
kenyb

Re: What's up with that?!?

Postby Manuel » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:36 pm

Where is the boners effect?
Honestly I don't see it.
grab_2014-02-05_00.31.49.png
Manuel

Postby kenyb » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:28 am

I don't see it in these images, but when I exported it to blender it was highly noticeable. Maybe is was going too fast and set it up wrong, I will check it again. I did redesign a male character and put him in a suit, that wasn't noticeable at all. Thanks for the quick reply time. I will redesign a guy in jeans and see if it works out the same. The suit works fine in that aspect so that's great. Thanks again for your time, Great job. still some small texture issues but I'm sure it will improve with time. Keep up the great work guys...
kenyb

Postby kenyb » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:06 am

Manuel wrote:Where is the boners effect?
Honestly I don't see it.
grab_2014-02-05_00.31.49.png

Hey Bro, I found the issue. if you leave the model alone and don't mess with the bulge effect, it works great. But if you set it in any axis it's noticeable. thanks again. It would be nice in the future if there was a pair of jeans that did not show any bulge at all. For games developed for the younger crowd...
kenyb

Postby duststorm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:34 am

kenyb wrote:if you leave the model alone and don't mess with the bulge effect, it works great. But if you set it in any axis it's noticeable.

Kind of funny, really ;) You add a bulge effect and then complain about it being present :D
Isn't that like buying candy and then complaining to the vendor that candy makes you fat?

Center position is the neutral position for the bulge slider (meaning no bulge effect in this case). You can right click any slider in MH to reset it to its default position.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby kenyb » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:01 pm

duststorm wrote:
kenyb wrote:if you leave the model alone and don't mess with the bulge effect, it works great. But if you set it in any axis it's noticeable.

Kind of funny, really ;) You add a bulge effect and then complain about it being present :D
Isn't that like buying candy and then complaining to the vendor that candy makes you fat?

Center position is the neutral position for the bulge slider (meaning no bulge effect in this case). You can right click any slider in MH to reset it to its default position.

Not the issue, I turned what I thought would lessen the bulge effect down. in return it still gave a bulge effect. I Didn't know that if you turned up the effect or turned down the effect it made a bulge. That was my fault, but none the less the jeans add the effect. Even if you turn genitals off the jeans still give the bulge effect. Today I will get online and see if anyone put out a line of clothes out. I read a article on here about someone wanting to work on clothes for this program. Thanks for you time duststorm...
kenyb

Return to User contributions