Nightly Builds: 'Buildbot.net' Suggestion.

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Nightly Builds: 'Buildbot.net' Suggestion.

Postby cobe571 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Hello,
First of all, I want to say thank you to Manuel Bastioni, and the MakeHuman Community for the great effort...
I saw the changes in these years, and I appreciate it really much!
Now the GUI is more clean, and more tools are available. That suggest me a great work behind the scenes.
I can't say nothing than thank you! I saw also there's not updates for Nightly Windows.

So, the good question: - Have you "bots" ready to compile your builds like Blender does? Look here -> http://builder.blender.org/about
Don't misunderstand my intentions, please, just an hint to help you in some way! Try this software: Link -> http://buildbot.net/

Let me know!
Bye :)
cobe571

Re: Nightly Builds: 'Buildbot.net' Suggestion.

Postby duststorm » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Hello Cobe.

The windows nightly build was not available because a bug snuck in our build script due to recent changes. The issue has been fixed and tonight (approximately at 3:00 AM European time) a new download should be available.

Currently nightly builds are created on one of our own servers automatically ever night. There is no error checking or automated testing going on, though. Currently we are only able to build linux and windows packages, and depend on a volunteer to manually make periodic builds for OSX.

Using a framework to support continuous integration is something that I'd like to deploy in the future, to help us pave the road towards a first stable release. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll have a look.

PS: there is another recent thread about this issue at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2362
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to User contributions