Numerically Parameterized Facial Features

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Numerically Parameterized Facial Features

Postby salicioucrumb » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on a eye wear project and I'm using MakeHuman to produce a variety of human heads. I've found that it's difficult to correlate the dimensions of the faces produced in MakeHuman to those in real life.

What I'm looking for is a way to numerically control the facial features in Make Human. For example, I would like to set the distance between the eyeballs to a number by typing it in.

Many anthropomorphic databases offer facial dimensions, although they vary in what they measure. If MakeHuman could incorporate numerical control into later builds, that would be most helpful.

example of dimensions from anthropomorphic databases: http://archfaci.jamanetwork.com/article ... eid=480176
salicioucrumb

Re: Numerically Parameterized Facial Features

Postby duststorm » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:21 pm

It's one of the parameters we could add to the measure plugin (which still needs a lot of work).
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Manuel » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:27 am

Yes this is a feature to add.
I think it can be planned for alpha9, since the technology to implement it is mostly ready...
Manuel

Postby salicioucrumb » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks. It's nice to know that these features are on the way. Would you happen to know what facial variables would be "measurable" for the Alpha 9 build?
salicioucrumb

Return to User contributions