separate two shoes

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

separate two shoes

Postby dark poulpo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:24 pm

hi, would it be possible to separate the shoes?
dark poulpo

Re: separate two shoes

Postby duststorm » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Why would you want it?
You can do it when exporting to blender or another 3D editor. But I don't think it would make much sense in MH.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby dark poulpo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:18 pm

duststorm wrote:Why would you want it?
You can do it when exporting to blender or another 3D editor. But I don't think it would make much sense in MH.

i'm not a graphic man, i'm a coder... makehuman should not be dependant of blender... no?
dark poulpo

Postby yumri » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:52 am

dark poulpo wrote:
duststorm wrote:Why would you want it?

i'm not a graphic man, i'm a coder... makehuman should not be dependant of blender... no?

I agree with you that makehuman should not be dependent of blender but it is dependant of the 3D design program which you import it into. For most of us, I believe, that program will be blender but as makehuman is open source the importer can be coded into whatever program you wish for it to be. In this I do agree with the top quote in that it doesn't make sense for it to be in makehuman though having it be 2 different materials or coming with a predefined UVmap will help us who do not specialize in 3D design.
yumri

Postby duststorm » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Indeed you are free to choose a 3D editor.
The argument is mainly that adding too many features will have a negative influence on the ease of use of the tool. Having only one shoe or a different shoe on each foot is a feature that not many people will need.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby dark poulpo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:03 pm

okay, thank's a lot.
dark poulpo

Return to User contributions