Wha-happen?

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Wha-happen?

Postby Whystler » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:51 pm

Hey all :)

I just downloaded makehuman on my new laptop. I have a much older verison on my old laptop. What happened to all the cool fantasy features that allowed you to make cool elf ears, animal legs, and horns and the like?

-Whystler
Whystler

Re: Wha-happen?

Postby andyp » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:03 pm

since the MH team created a new base mesh for the latest version, they do not yet have that function with the latest version, and they have things that are a higher priority, as far as what users want.

easy solution:
in blender you can select the verts in the head, or where you want fantasized, and then create a displacement texture in a "photo-shop-esque" program and then aply it to the head.

or else for ears, if you want pointy vulcan ears, in edit mode, select the point of the ear, with the rounded-off function on, and movethe vert up.

i'm planning on writing a tutorial for this sometime when i get a round to it....
andyp

Postby Manuel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:04 pm

Because new mesh we must re-model them.
Besides, because fantasy is virtually infinite, we must provide them in separate packages.
Ciao,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby andyp » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:18 am

so this is an example of what you can do with textures
until the new fantasy mods come out.

if you can't tell, they are supossed to be a klingon, cardassian, and a romulan.
i've also attached an example of a texture, which is the cardassian one.
Attachments
cardassian.jpg
mhtest0004.jpg
mhtest0003.jpg
mhtest0002.jpg
mhtest0001.jpg
andyp

Return to User contributions