Smoothing Obj file during export

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Smoothing Obj file during export

Postby fwhsdesigns » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:09 pm

When I exported my first figure I opened it in UVMapper and looks like Bizzaro (squarish). How would I smooth out the object during export? And is there a way to Export while posed?
fwhsdesigns

Re: Smoothing Obj file during export

Postby Manuel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:23 am

If you save obj in "pose mode", the exported mesh will be posed.
About normals, I must investigate...
Manuel

Re: Smoothing Obj file during export

Postby DAD » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:57 am

I find the UV maps created by MH to quite good when I pull the OBJ into UVMapper. I think what you are seeing is the various material zones layered on top of each other making the image on the screen quite a mess if you're not familiar with what you are actually looking at. If you use the Cntl + { key combination to make everything invisible first and then go into the material selection and select skin (I believe) and then hit Cntl + } to make that part visible, you will find the body displayed on the screen very nicely unwrapped for painting in a paint program. If you save this map, be sure to select Exclude Hidden Facets in the save menu so all that is saved is the material zone for the skin.
I don't fear god anymore. Anything he/she does to me now is only adding insult to injury ... alright already enough with the insults!

http://www.dad-tv.com
DAD

Return to Newbies