Dimensions

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Dimensions

Postby snibgo » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:49 pm

I'm a great fan of the openness of your pose and bodyshape files. I can figure out what each parameter does, so I can generate the files from my own software.

For animation purposes, I'd like to know various dimensions (the distance between hip joints, hip to knee joint, knee to ankle, and so on), so software that generates BS files for an animated human (walking, running, dancing, ...) can do its calculations. MH could write these dimensions to a text file, perhaps as comments in the bodyshape or poses file.

Of course, joints aren't as simple as a we'd like, especially the shoulder and hip joints. But the rest should be measurable to, say, 1mm precision, I think.

Meantime, I can take approximate measurements from the skeleton (O efo) for my favourite bodyshapes, but this is tedious.
snibgo

Re: Dimensions

Postby Manuel » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:27 pm

With new python API write a python plugin to export these infos will be trivial. We are working hard to complete next release.
Regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests