Problem poses

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Problem poses

Postby snibgo » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm having difficulty making the human sit on the floor cross-legged. Its feet won't go far enough to the opposite sides. The closest I've achieved is:

100_right_lower_leg/ROT2,138
120_left_lower_leg/ROT1,40
120_left_lower_leg/ROT2,129
180_right_upper_leg/ROT_ADJUST1,45
180_right_upper_leg/ROT_ADJUST2,20
180_right_upper_leg/ROT_BASE1,70
180_right_upper_leg/ROT_BASE2,116
180_right_upper_leg/ROT_BASE3,22
200_left_upper_leg/ROT_ADJUST1,45
200_left_upper_leg/ROT_ADJUST2,-20
200_left_upper_leg/ROT_BASE1,36
200_left_upper_leg/ROT_BASE2,122
200_left_upper_leg/ROT_BASE3,30

xleg3.png

If someone has achieved this suppleness, perhaps they could publish the pose file here.
snibgo

Re: Problem poses

Postby andrewPavlick » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:50 pm

Are you going to end up importing the model into Blender? If so in the end you can pose the model inside Blender without having to rig the character. As far as inside MH, those values have min / max limits probably... If you can't hit the pose you need then you probably have to export and finish off the pose.... To gloss over hot to do it in Blender.... Paint select the portion of the body you want to move 100 percent... IE, the entire leg, or just the bottom half..... Use the 3D cursor as the pivot point and move it into the position of the joint you want to move it on.... Make sure you have proportional editing on, this will help deform the mesh as you bend a knee, elbow, etc... Its not perfect you'll have to tweak but its better than nothing.... So really with those setting you can finish off the posing without rigging the character. sometimes you'll run into a problem where there is a portion of the mesh you don't want to move but it falls into the radius of the proportional editing..... If you select that portion and hit H you can hide it... Alt + H will unhide it.... You can also do this using vertex groups, up to you... Anyways hope that helps.
andrewPavlick

Postby snibgo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:38 pm

Thanks, Andrew.

Yes, I could manipulate the pose in Blender, for a one-off image.

I'm trying to animate the made human. Doing this externally to MakeHuman is possible, of course, but my goal is for maximum realism. The MH system has moving muscles that should (I hope) look far better than most animations.

An external program can generate the pose files, one per frame; MH can create OBJ files; external programs dress the humans, put them in scenes, render, and glue the frames together.

But I make the assumption that MH figures can adopt 'natural' poses; anything an ordinary non-athletic person can do. I can make him scratch the top of his head with his toes, but can't make him sit cross-legged.
Attachments
mesh_20080925173327.png
snibgo

Postby pistacja » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:59 pm

There are still some flaws in the pose engine (for example try touching your thumb with any other finger )
pistacja

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests