how to integrate with makehuman with my project?

MakeHuman python API, python plugins, etc

Moderator: joepal

how to integrate with makehuman with my project?

Postby prof1990 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm working on a project that i use a 3D human model made by makehuman and i want to interacting with it ( changing some feature like: height, width, leg long, etc..) i.e. full control.

so i want to ask if i can integrate between my project and makehuman to make some changes on the model features and then export it automatically ???

if yes, so how can i do this or how to start ? and the requirements for this

if no, can i create a plugin to import the generated model to blender and do this full control?
prof1990

Re: how to integrate with makehuman with my project?

Postby joepal » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:22 pm

I don't think there is any cookbook way available, at least none I've seen documented. You'll have to go the hard way, read the API documentation and go for trial and error to see what works for you.

The full API documentation is here: http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman/api/index.html

Now, taking a look at the documentation for the "Human" object at http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman ... class.html it would seem you can get pretty direct access to many of the settings.

My suggestion is to start by reading main.py and go from there to find examples on how to load a human model and how to call the Human object.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby prof1990 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks for your reply

I want to ask you another question do you think that its better to create the human model from makehuman and then export it and import it on blender and try to have full control on it (changing some features like width or height)

or integrate with makehuman and then do this changes and then export the model from makehuma ?
prof1990

Postby joepal » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Difficult to say without knowing what you want to achieve.

Generally speaking, I think makehuman would be easier to work with since it is made specifically for working with human characters. Blender is way more complex and require you to give more detailed instructions.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby nchandol » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:42 pm

prof1990 wrote:I'm working on a project that i use a 3D human model made by makehuman and i want to interacting with it ( changing some feature like: height, width, leg long, etc..) i.e. full control.

so i want to ask if i can integrate between my project and makehuman to make some changes on the model features and then export it automatically ???

if no, can i create a plugin to import the generated model to blender and do this full control?

Hi prof1990, i want to do exactly the same for my thesis, have you found out sth useful cause i am still trying to import mh as module in my script. If you can help me in anyway i would really appreciate it :)

What i want to do is make a python script that would allow me to choose some values for the Human (such as height, tone, etc) and then i want to import it to blender to do the clothes and the movements, but i have difficulty on finding a way to do that. I am thinking importing the make human as a module in my script and then use the classes and the functions from the api to make the changes in the human.

Also i am having a difficulty in finding where is located main.py and the mh.pyd. As you can tell i am totally a beginner in this kind of stuff...
Thank you all in advance
nchandol

Postby dreamofemma » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:47 am

nchandol wrote:
prof1990 wrote:I'm working on a project that i use a 3D human model made by makehuman and i want to interacting with it ( changing some feature like: height, width, leg long, etc..) i.e. full control.

Hi prof1990, i want to do exactly the same for my thesis, have you found out sth useful cause i am still trying to import mh as module in my script. If you can help me in anyway i would really appreciate it :)

What i want to do is make a python script that would allow me to choose some values for the Human (such as height, tone, etc) and then i want to import it to blender to do the clothes and the movements, but i have difficulty on finding a way to do that. I am thinking importing the make human as a module in my script and then use the classes and the functions from the api to make the changes in the human.

Also i am having a difficulty in finding where is located main.py and the mh.pyd. As you can tell i am totally a beginner in this kind of stuff...
Thank you all in advance

Hi,there.

I m so happy to find that there r someone who was doing the same thing what our group r doing now..

Could u plz help us with the situation u faced at that time....?

Thank you so much.....

Emma
dreamofemma

Postby dreamofemma » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:52 am

prof1990 wrote:Thanks for your reply

I want to ask you another question do you think that its better to create the human model from makehuman and then export it and import it on blender and try to have full control on it (changing some features like width or height)

or integrate with makehuman and then do this changes and then export the model from makehuma ?

Hi,
Could u plz help me with the same situation u faced b4?

Thank you
dreamofemma

Postby dreamofemma » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:07 am

I'm working on a project that i use a 3D human model made by makehuman and i want to interacting with it ( changing some feature like: height, width, leg long, etc..) i.e. full control.

so i want to ask if i can integrate between my project and makehuman to make some changes on the model features and then export it automatically ???Now I would like to use python to make the interface if it is possible??and maybe there is a better solution?

if yes, so how can i do this or how to start ? and the requirements for this...

I think you guys maybe face the same problems or have faced them....

Anybody help?

Thank you ....
dreamofemma

Postby mflerackers » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:23 am

First a reminder that makehuman and its data is copyrighted under the GPL3, so any derivatives need to be published as GPL3 or later as well.

Since MakeHuman is not build as a library, you will either need a way to communicate with it, or rewrite parts of it to fit it in your application. Currently all our efforts go to the main application and plugin development, not third party application support.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby bacca » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:53 am

I am also doing the same things. Long time went away, what's the solution Makehuman can do? Thank you
bacca

Next

Return to Python scripts