MakeClothes, changing vertex weights importing to Make Human

MakeHuman python API, python plugins, etc

Moderator: joepal

MakeClothes, changing vertex weights importing to Make Human

Postby Dawnstar42 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:35 pm

I have been using Make Human with great success for a few months now, but I have a problem that the tutorials do not address. I am making patients for my virtual hospital and they all wear this one medical gown that I created with the Blender Plugin; Make Clothes. The medical gown is not form fitting so it took 7 or 8 iterations to get the custom vertex groups for a female and male version of the gown right enough to sit well and not wedgie when bringing it to Make Human. All is good there, but animation wise, there is a lot left to be desired. When I export the character with the gown from Make Human to Blender, I have to manually change the vertex weights for the armpits and between the legs for it to look well enough to show to other people.

Is there a way to import the small changes I make to the gown's vertex weights in Blender back to the original in Make Human so I don't have to do this every time I export a new character with the gown? I am using the same armature across all the patients. I would really love any advice on this. Thank you for reading.

Best wishes,
Dawn
Dawnstar42

Re: MakeClothes, changing vertex weights importing to Make H

Postby Dawnstar42 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:39 pm

Oh man, just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum section, I am sorry.
Dawnstar42

Postby CallHarvey3d » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:57 pm

-edited
in 3ds max the weighting has an option to "load" skin weights. so on the one you edited you can save those weights, then open other characters exported with the same clothing and import the fixed weights. not sure if Blender has that functionality but i would be suprised if not
CallHarvey3d

Postby Dawnstar42 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:19 pm

CallHarvey3d wrote:-edited
in 3ds max the weighting has an option to "load" skin weights. so on the one you edited you can save those weights, then open other characters exported with the same clothing and import the fixed weights. not sure if Blender has that functionality but i would be suprised if not

Oh! I will definitely have to check that out! That definitely seems like a great solution if Blender does do that. TIME TO RESEARCH!!!!!!! Thank you for the response, I really appreciate it. :D
Dawnstar42

Return to Python scripts