Loading foreign Objects in MakeHuman

MakeHuman python API, python plugins, etc

Moderator: joepal

Loading foreign Objects in MakeHuman

Postby GrubLord » Fri May 21, 2010 10:10 am

Hi everyone,

I'm very happy with MakeHuman, and have been getting some great use out of it. Thank you all for your excellent work on this software!

I hope that I may bother you with this relatively newbie request:

Could one of you please help me to figure out how to draw an object in the viewport that is not the primary MakeHuman body?

I have tried to load an object file in the same way the UI buttons are loaded (using the gui3d.Object constructor), but although the files are loaded successfully (the mesh info comes up in the console, when it loads), the object is never displayed. Even if I load MakeHuman's own "base.obj" file as a test, the loading is successful but the object never appears. If I rotate the main MakeHuman aside, there is no second human underneath, even though I specified the same location to load both.

As to how to line up an object with a body region (eg. hair/hat on head), I would appreciate a starting-point... can't seem to figure out how one can get the co-ordinates of specific body regions or parts of the skeleton, in MakeHuman's Python API.

I hope one of you knows how this stuff is done! Thanks in advance!

(P.S.: Yes, I know I can just add the other objects in Blender, but for my purposes I need this to work inside MakeHuman! - ideally in a way that allows me to resize the human or change its age, and have the attached models resize with it.)
GrubLord

Re: Loading foreign Objects in MakeHuman

Postby mflerackers » Fri May 21, 2010 10:16 am

Is the position correct? Are you using the model camera? Is the object set to visible?
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Return to Python scripts