Load Measurements by CSV file plugin??

MakeHuman python API, python plugins, etc

Moderator: joepal

Load Measurements by CSV file plugin??

Postby badwolf » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:31 pm

how difficult would it be to make a plugin that will load a set of measurements from a CSV file ??

workflow would be

load gender and age from the first two lines and then run the measurements tab from the rest of the file
badwolf

Re: Load Measurements by CSV file plugin??

Postby joepal » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:54 pm

If all you do is corresponding to moving the measurements sliders on the measurements tab: probably not that hard.

Since the measurements tab is already a plugin, my suggestion is to copy and modify it to fit your needs.

See https://bitbucket.org/MakeHuman/makehum ... ew-default
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby badwolf » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:49 pm

joepal wrote:If all you do is corresponding to moving the measurements sliders on the measurements tab: probably not that hard.

Since the measurements tab is already a plugin, my suggestion is to copy and modify it to fit your needs.

See https://bitbucket.org/MakeHuman/makehum ... ew-default

how would i hook loading a csv file into the existing plugin??

(im already editing the plugin to reinstate the bra size info)

more or less what im thinking is to load the gender and age info and then autotype into the measurement tab
badwolf

Postby nee- » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:27 am

Hi Badwolf,

I was wondering what progress you have made in developing the plugin?

I want to create a similar plugin that would use JSON information. If it were possible I would love to help you out in developing the plugin. Then after if it's okay with you, extend the plugin for use with JSON.

Thanks!
nee-

Postby badwolf » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:19 pm

my biggest problem is i have very little skill in programming so unless i get my hands on a "mongoose" im going to get exactly NOWHERE.

as far as the measurement plugin is concerned unless somebody can tell me where to start the best i can hope for it not to break things to badly.

CVS/JSON whatever format would work since whatever is producing the file can be adapted.
badwolf

Postby nee- » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Hey,

So when I read your last message, I went back and took a proper look at the code. After playing around for a bit with the randomize plugin I think I was able to create a basic import module.

Currently it reads in JSON to apply measurements to the model on screen using the names of the groups of modifiers (not sure I'm using the correct terminology for that). There are some bugs still in it with a couple modifiers and I need to clean up the code, but I should have that done by the weekend (I'd say sooner but my classes are starting back this week).

Once I'm done that, I'll be more than happy to share the plugin , and it should be easy enough to convert it for use with CSV. :D
nee-

Postby badwolf » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:38 pm

csv format not needed as long as there is some sort of fixed mapping (JSON should be fine)

Your plugin may be used by Project Valentina (name dropping to attract some folks)
badwolf

Return to Python scripts