The MakeHuman API Project

MakeHuman python API, python plugins, etc

Moderator: joepal

The MakeHuman API Project

Postby The_Maven » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:10 pm

So, what about MHAPI? Is it no more?
I haven't heard of it in a time. I hope it don't fade away, would be a pity.
There'd be some features to the file chooser view or a three view in modelling that could be neat.
The_Maven

Re: The MakeHuman API Project

Postby joepal » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Oh, it's not forgotten. It just didn't progress a whole lot.

There's a chain of things planned outside MakeHuman where the MHAPI project will be needed as step number three (it involves a grant application for psychology research on emotions using 3d-generated faces). Initially I thought we'd be going ahead with this in december, but (as is the case more often than not in the university world) things progressed a lot more slower than anticipated. MHAPI is still in the plans, but as it no longer was such an emergency to have it in place, I prioritized other things.

Anyway, the status is still that the namespace and the basic set of function names need to be finished for the API, something which should be done before starting to implement any actual functionality.

So I'll be very open towards merging pull requests regarding such specifications if they are posted at https://bitbucket.org/joepal1976/makehu ... t/overview
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: The MakeHuman API Project

Postby The_Maven » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:49 am

I'm glad to hear that.
But to tell the truth I'm not a coder so too technical details give me headache.Too much conceptualization let me dizzy.
So the idea of have more modular pieces to work with just sounds great.
Can change the Load tab, as a e.g., to any other like would make learn the API very compelling.
Would be of any help have less technical requests like a light setup in the Modelling tab and so on?
The_Maven

Return to Python scripts