MH Plugin for blender

MakeHuman python API, python plugins, etc

Moderator: joepal

MH Plugin for blender

Postby mohanohi » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Hey.. where can i find the updated version of Makehuman plugin for blender? I found the plugin system for blender was cool.. But it is older now..
mohanohi

Re: MH Plugin for blender

Postby Manuel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:14 am

Blender changes API so often that's impossible to develop big scripts for it (In blender 2.5, API will change again...). Anyway we will provide a good importer for Blender as soon MH core features will be completed.

Regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby ShnitzelKiller » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:00 am

Is there any official location where I can download the latest version? Is there a version compatible with the current MakeHuman alpha? I tried the newest one I could find (v03) and it REALLY screwed up the mesh on import. The vertices were there, but they were all connected in the wrong way.

The script would be an amazingly useful tool for me though, as it apparently comes rigged. Rigging is my weak point in blender. I hate weight painting and never seem to be able to make knees that don't squish and all that.
ShnitzelKiller

Postby bruno.chansou » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:46 pm

bruno.chansou

Postby ShnitzelKiller » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:12 am

Now there are compatibility issues... it gives me a warning about versions when I run that import script (that the version of MHX is old); do I have to compile the source of makeHuman in the latest SVN as well? The shape drivers don't import properly for me.
ShnitzelKiller

Postby bruno.chansou » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:02 am

Normally with MakeHuman alpha4 and last mhximport all goes well (it's ok for me but I use mhximport January 8). For the shape drivers to work properly it must pydrivers.py is open in a blender window . (not run the script just open the text)
The documentation is here :http://sites.google.com/site/makehumandocs/blender-export-and-mhx
bruno.chansou

Postby ThomasL » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:14 pm

On compatibility: I raised the version number to make sure that MH export and Blender import are synchronized. There is now a beginning of a FAQ, which describes how to update these files,http://sites.google.com/site/makehumandocs/blender-export-and-mhx/faq .
ThomasL

Postby ShnitzelKiller » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:50 pm

ThomasL wrote:On compatibility: I raised the version number to make sure that MH export and Blender import are synchronized. There is now a beginning of a FAQ, which describes how to update these files,http://sites.google.com/site/makehumandocs/blender-export-and-mhx/faq .

Say, how do you compile? The shell script doesn't work. If it's the makefile I have to use, how do I open it? I can't find any info on xcode and makefiles, but the makefile says to use xcode to compile it.

EDIT: The faq says that you can just replace some files, but the directories it says to move the scripts to don't exist in the last pre-compiled version.
ShnitzelKiller

Postby ThomasL » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:01 am

The importers directory does not exist in alpha4, but this is ok because these files are used by the importer on the Blender side. Put mhx2mhx.py in your Blender scripts directory and load pydrivers.py into a text window in Blender, as described elsewhere.

The FAQ has been corrected.
ThomasL

Return to Python scripts