Virtual fashion model controversy

Tips, trick's, and links about computer graphics world

Moderator: joepal

Virtual fashion model controversy

Postby joepal » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:40 pm

There's a swedish clothes' brand that have started to use computer generated fashion models rather than photographing real girls. This has not been entirely popular in the press.

http://news.slashdot.org/story/11/12/09 ... tual-model
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: Virtual fashion model controversy

Postby Manuel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Interesting.
A see it as a smart idea to make advertising, since the CG is not the cause of the proportions currently used in the fashion industry.
Btw the results are very realistic...this is the goal of MH standard output.
Manuel

Re: Virtual fashion model controversy

Postby RitaCeleste » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:19 pm

I don't see what the difference is? Store have been window dressing manikins for How Long???? Its a Bikini. I'm torn, really. I'm 38 and a mother of two girls 14 and 10. None of us are bikini worthy. I feel bad when my 10 year old worries about her belly, she is growing, she should look just like she looks. My older daughter is really heavy but would never look like a model anyway. As a consumer, it seems to me the makers of bikinis have a limited market. Obviously the makers of potatochips, dip, and honey buns are marketing their products way more successfully than the makers of bikinis are when it comes to this household and many others in America. We could care less about what the fashion industry is doing or where they find their coat hangers. We want clothes that fit and are affordable. As a parent, keeping my children out of of the soda and junk food is a bigger battle than any self esteem issues. I am quite sure it would effortless to find peddlers of non-nurturing food to attack instead. The fashion industry should just be relegated to crap entertainers must pay attention to. The rest of us, not a size two people ignore it as much as is humanly possible!
RitaCeleste

Return to Off topic