Export an object made by makehuman to Opensimulator or SL

Tips, trick's, and links about computer graphics world

Moderator: joepal

Export an object made by makehuman to Opensimulator or SL

Postby schneeberger » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:13 pm

I managed to save a simple shaped human-model (I call this a noob) in Collada-Format and then I brought the noob to SL (SecondLife) and everyone can see the noob now by using a viewer in SL that supports Mesh. If one has no mesh viewer the noob looks like a "ball". To explain my intentions: The noob is for me just a statue as I will use the noob(s) for art purposes. In opensimulator.org there are no Mesh viewers and also I dont like them, so I want to find a way that I can save the noob in makehuman so I can import it easily to opensim. XML format normally is fine, also I was told Blender and Poser may work. I dont use Blender or Poster, but just for the purpose to convert the dataformat(s) I would install the packages if one knows it will work. Is there anyone with expierience to bring makehuman objects to Second Life or opensimulator?

I tried to export the noob I have now in SL mesh-format back to my harddisk via "XML" but the upload of this XML might have been corrupted as the viewer to import it crashed.
schneeberger

Re: Export an object made by makehuman to Opensimulator or S

Postby robertltux » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:49 pm

if you are using a CURRENT opensim then it does now support Mesh
robertltux

Return to Off topic