export file

Tips, trick's, and links about computer graphics world

Moderator: joepal

export file

Postby telma » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm quite new here and after some minutes I've seen a lot of interesting discussion! Very nice!
I have a bunch question, but I gonna start with one, since I've seen there is a lot to read.
My question is, could I use a model of a real human done by CT or MRI images (called voxel phantom) into make human?
Normally this type of voxel phantom are stretched or lying down, I need to change its position, for example, put it to a sitting position.

thanks in advanced,
greetings!
Telma
telma

Re: export file

Postby Manuel » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:00 pm

telma wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm quite new here and after some minutes I've seen a lot of interesting discussion! Very nice!
I have a bunch question, but I gonna start with one, since I've seen there is a lot to read.
My question is, could I use a model of a real human done by CT or MRI images (called voxel phantom) into make human?
Normally this type of voxel phantom are stretched or lying down, I need to change its position, for example, put it to a sitting position.

thanks in advanced,
greetings!
Telma

Hi Telma, welcome!
Well, I've to admit that's the first time I see the term "voxel phantom"..interesting, indeed.
Unfortunately MH don't import external files. It work using an internal database to create a character and export/render it.

Btw what you are trying to do require, in my opinion some steps, that you can do using different softwares.

1) Comvert the voxel phantom in a polygonal mesh (No idea about a tool to do this)
2) Import the polygonal mesh into Blender (or another 3d package, if you prefer) and clean it, removing artifacts and well separating the arms.
3) Use Blender rigging system to pose it, or as alternative, I suggest you to try Jimmyrig, that's really easy to use (but not free and not open source): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1827

Best,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby gmr » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi Telma,

please where did you get your voxel data from? Is there a free MRI or CT database that you know of?

Many thanks
gmr

Postby Zeittriven » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Sorry but what is this "voxel phantom"??
http://www.camargue34.fr/tourisme/wakka.php?wiki=spyearpiece
Zeittriven

Return to Off topic