BodyParts3d

Tips, trick's, and links about computer graphics world

Moderator: joepal

BodyParts3d

Postby jujube » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Found this via wikipedia, I want to play with it all day but I have to do real life things like go outside now :(
You can download the models, licensed under CC share-alike 2.1.

http://lifesciencedb.jp/bp3d/
jujube

Re: BodyParts3d

Postby blindsaypatten » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:01 pm

If you haven't already seen it, this is pretty good too:
https://zygotebody.com
blindsaypatten

Postby jujube » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 pm

I've seen that too and I love it.

edit: thanks for reminding me that it exists, I just got the perfect facial anatomy reference:

nose tubes 2.PNG

This is actually pretty mindblowing, the way it shows the big lip muscle attached to the nose. Sooooo the default nose in/out target moves the center of the face back and forth, and the nose length targets affect the bridge+cartilage+nasal bones, and what I've really been wanting all this time that MH doesn't have is a target that affects the amount of muscle/fat in that area between the lip+nose. (I happen to have a small and puny upper lip muscle, where it's easy to see/feel where the septal cartilage attaches to the bone. )
jujube

Postby jujube » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:11 pm

I bothered to click on the muscle and it's actually called the depressor septi nasi.

Wikipedia has an image from bodyparts3d, but the site apparently doesn't have it anymore :(

Or, actually you can? The search page doesn't let you download it, and the browser doesn't let you see it, but wikipedia links to the page they used to make their gif, and you can download the objs. ?
jujube

Postby jujube » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:04 pm

I tried shrinkwrapping the male mesh to the bodyparts3d 3.0 skin mesh. It looks pretty good, actually.

Now I need someone to help me figure out how to from these steps that I know how to do:
1) pose the MH model to match the bodyparts 3d one
2) shrinkwrap the posed mesh to the bodyparts3d
3) turn the shrinkwrap to shapekeys

and go from those to these:
4) make blender recognize the shrinkwrap as a target
5) remove the posing
6) save the targets

Then again maybe it would be easier to deform the bodyparts 3d mesh to match the makehuman one... hmm....

(I also found a script to batch import obj files, and I made a multi layered anatomical visualization in blender. The blend file is 300+ MB though. But if anyone wants me to share it, I can find a way. )
Attachments
bodyparts3d shrinkwrap.PNG
jujube

Postby AnatomyFan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi jujube,

I have been trying hard to find a complete high quality model of the Bodyparts3D meshes. If you would be willing to upload the 300 mb blender version you created it would be very very much appreciated. I'd like to use it for a science project if possible.
AnatomyFan

Postby jujube » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:40 pm

Welcome to makehuman forums!

And hmmm.... I'll have to try and remember what I was referring to with my post...

I have one blend file that I used to create a bodyparts3d target, with random other stuff included like retopology experiments. (this file is the one I took the screencap of in my previous post)

And a different blend file, which is probably the 300MB one I referred to, where I imported a huge amount of bones+muscles using a script I found, and sorted body parts into layers. But that file has no retopology/MH work or anything, except for where I started on shrinkwrapping a cube to the skull. It's probably what you want, as it's inconvenient to import all the parts manually. I'll try and find a way to get it to you. Maybe via dropbox?

I also apparently used a retopology program to convert it to all-quads so that it works as a makehuman clothing. So for now you can play with that: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... skull.html
(pictured with my xray skin, found here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/skin/xray.html)
jujube

Postby AnatomyFan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi jujube,

Thanks a bunch for your elaborate reply! Its much appreciated and its awesome to be part of this community!

Thanks for kindly directing me to the link to the retopologized high poly model of the skull of Bodyparts3D. This is definitely a great asset.
For our science project, we are looking for a high poly model (the higher the better, we can always decimate) of the whole Bodyparts3D body for our students to examine and learn from. I have scoured the web and this is simply the most detailed and accurate model out there (in my non-expert opinion!). I just don't seem to be able to get the parts to import correctly in blender in high quality. It may be too much to ask and in that case I would totally understand, however it would be absolutely awesome to receive a link to the 300 mb blender file as you kindly suggested. Dropbox would be perfectly fine on this end. For now, many thanks for reading my lengthy message and hope to hear from you!
AnatomyFan

Postby jujube » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 am

The problem is that the original models aren't high poly, so that's probably what you're seeing. The tricky part was getting the code to work, that I found on stack exchange, and import all of them. Also, when opened in blender, all of them have generic names. (In my blend file I manually renamed a few of the parts.)

My blender file has the unchanged models of all the bones, most/all of the muscles, and the digestive system. I'll try and create the Dropbox link later today.
jujube

Postby jujube » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:18 am

I created a google drive link for my mega blend. A quick search claims google drive doesn't have bandwidth limits, so it should be fine to just leave it here. Anyone can download it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3yEB8 ... sp=sharing

[ignore this if you aren't going to edit things] But the problem with the models is that they have holes in them, gaps that aren't fixed by the default remove doubles setting. I combined all/most of the bones of the cranium into one object so that I could use it for shrinkwrapping. I discovered after fusing the facial muscles, and then unfusing them via select all -> separate by loose parts, it created a bunch of tiny stray loose faces. So, that might happen if you try to separate the bones of the skull...

credits: the blend file contains this script in the text editor https://blender.stackexchange.com/quest ... -obj-files

Also, a fun tip: press alt+B to draw cross-sections on the model. (press it again to reset)
jujube

Next

Return to Off topic