CGSociety and CGTalk -- any thoughts on these?

Tips, trick's, and links about computer graphics world

Moderator: joepal

CGSociety and CGTalk -- any thoughts on these?

Postby devrich » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 pm

I have recently signed up for an account over at cgsociety.com/cgtalk.com and i have seen a lot of people asking to delete their accounts over there. Add to that; their staff seems to ignore my questions on their support forum.

Does anybody know if they still in business or having trouble in some way?

Also if you have any other thoughts on them --or-- if you know of another website to showcase CG or other artwork then I'd appreciate a link :)
Don't settle for what someone else made -- upPIC your own [:.:] at: http://DevRich78.com/upPIC
devrich

Re: CGSociety and CGTalk -- any thoughts on these?

Postby Manuel » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:09 am

CGtalk is the biggest CG comunity on the net..I doubt they have troubles. Where do you see people that ask for account deletion? Is it a thread on their forum?
Manuel

Postby devrich » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:10 pm

Manuel wrote:CGtalk is the biggest CG comunity on the net..I doubt they have troubles. Where do you see people that ask for account deletion? Is it a thread on their forum?

Yes there were several threads of people asking to delete their accounts. Actually coencidently enough, Keenly wrote me back shortly after making this topic post and he explained that it's likely that some users are just cleaning up their internet presence. <-- That's a new concept to me though...

I'm glad that CGSociety is still around -- especially because i really like the work that so many artists and animators have done and put up on the site but also because I plan to start uploading videos and images of characters and scenes that I make in part with MakeHuman made characters :D

@Manuel: btw, do you have a prefered button/badge or another prefered method of advertising something like: "Made with character models created in part with Makehuman.org" or something like that for times and places where it would help spread the work about MakeHuman?
Don't settle for what someone else made -- upPIC your own [:.:] at: http://DevRich78.com/upPIC
devrich

Postby Manuel » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:47 pm

devrich wrote:@Manuel: btw, do you have a prefered button/badge or another prefered method of advertising something like: "Made with character models created in part with Makehuman.org" or something like that for times and places where it would help spread the work about MakeHuman?

No, but we can design one after 1.1 will be released. The idea is good.
Manuel

Return to Off topic