Miku Miku Dance anime styled Models?

Tips, trick's, and links about computer graphics world

Moderator: joepal

Miku Miku Dance anime styled Models?

Postby Melloiguana » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:00 am

Hello.
I know this may be random and such but I was curious to know if it is possible to make an anime styled model base, in Makehuman, look exactly like the 3D models I see in Miku Miku Dance videos on youtube. Miku Miku dance is a simple and free animation software used for creating simple movies with anime styled 3d models. The 3d models are usually made in 3d modeling softwares such as Blender, Maya, Max, Metasequoia and other softwares. I am very interested in the topology of the 3d anime styled model and would like to know if anyone has ever tried to replicate it using makehuman? Is it even possible? :D :?:
Melloiguana

Re: Miku Miku Dance anime styled Models?

Postby duststorm » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:35 am

Melloiguana wrote:Is it even possible? :D :?:

Of course. MakeHuman gives you a great topology to work with, and make your life easier.
You could model the body to be as close to the thing you want in MH, then export to a 3D modeling tool and make modifications to details like eyes and face. Apply a simplified posterized or drawn texture and it should look like an anime character.

For inspiration and an example, have a look at the work of Oscaion: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9979
He used Blender's new non-photorealistic renderer "Freestyle" to get an anime drawn effect in his renders.
Oscaion went for a realistic anime style, so he did not modify the face proportions a lot. But with a little work you could make the eyes larger, simplify the nose, etc.

There are plans to include targets in MH to create anime proportioned characters directly from MH, but MakeAnime is something for in the future. :D
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Re: Miku Miku Dance anime styled Models?

Postby Melloiguana » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:12 pm

duststorm wrote:
Melloiguana wrote:Is it even possible? :D :?:

Of course. MakeHuman gives you a great topology to work with, and make your life easier.
You could model the body to be as close to the thing you want in MH, then export to a 3D modeling tool and make modifications to details like eyes and face. Apply a simplified posterized or drawn texture and it should look like an anime character.

For inspiration and an example, have a look at the work of Oscaion: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9979
He used Blender's new non-photorealistic renderer "Freestyle" to get an anime drawn effect in his renders.
Oscaion went for a realistic anime style, so he did not modify the face proportions a lot. But with a little work you could make the eyes larger, simplify the nose, etc.

There are plans to include targets in MH to create anime proportioned characters directly from MH, but MakeAnime is something for in the future. :D

Thank you duststorm! This is as close as to the style that the recent Final Fantasy franchise has adopted as well. I use this as a foundation for future projects, although MakeAnime doesn't sound too bad... :D
Melloiguana

Return to Off topic