Eighth Day Woman

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Eighth Day Woman

Postby Becco_UK » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:38 pm

First - Thank you goes to the developers of Make Human.

In need of a 'fluid' woman for a new image I used a slightly different method to what I usually use - welcome to a brief outline of making the 'Eighth Day Woman'.

With the intention of using Realflow for the fluid effect I chose to make use of the very useful Make Human software to generate the base figure.
Becco_UK

Re: Eighth Day Woman

Postby Becco_UK » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:39 pm

Exported from Make Human as an .obj file the low polygon figure was imported into Cinema4D 9.6. The low poly mesh, as expected, shows some shading problems.
Becco_UK

Postby Becco_UK » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:40 pm

So, with a virtual chainsaw the figure was cut in half! While in chopping mood I also removed any unwanted parts of the mesh that weren't required for use in RealFlow such as eyebrows, eylashes, teeth etc.
Becco_UK

Postby Becco_UK » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:42 pm

The half figure was placed in a Cinema mirror tool and a low value Hypernurbs was used to smooth out the mesh. The figures' head seemed a little wide for a female so a Cinema FFD was used to quickly adjust the head. Crude yes but quick and more than suitable for use in Realflow.
Becco_UK

Postby Becco_UK » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:43 pm

With the mesh tidied up the figure was made editable and exported to Realflow from within Cinema4D via a plugin. In Realflow, a number of particle emitters were positioned and fluid values set. I used a resolution value of 175 for each emitter. Seen here at frame 14 with the base mesh hidden. About 67,500 had been used at this point. Meshing of the fluid particles was done within RealFlow and the new figure exported back to Cinema as an animated binary file.
Becco_UK

Postby Becco_UK » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:44 pm

The Realflow mesh importer plugin was used in Cinema and I chose frame 14 to make the mesh editable (it's only for use in a static image so all the Realflow animated frames aren't required).

Made up a Maxwell Render chromed black glass and test rendered to see the outcome of a Sunday afternoons endevours.
Becco_UK

Postby Manuel » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks.
This is more than a post...I consider it as an advanced tutorial/example of MH usage.

Regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby Becco_UK » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:38 pm

Manuel: Thanks for the comment. To conclude the thread I will post a few more images when I've added something noticable to the project.
Becco_UK

Return to General discussions about makehuman