deleting assets

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

deleting assets

Postby johnsprofera » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:38 pm

Hello, I would like to delete the assets that I have synchronized and downloaded to make human. I have tried to delete the program and pythonw and all its contents from my windows 11 program files I did this twice and still returns somehow it's recognizing that I went to the community and remembering these assets/files. Is there a hidden file I need to delete, how can I delete the entire assets and start over just with what comes with make human? Also when I go thru the clothes assets, hair assets it still shows up after I reinstall the make human program. Thanks for any help. John
johnsprofera

Re: deleting assets

Postby tomcat » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:46 pm

johnsprofera wrote: Is there a hidden file I need to delete, how can I delete the entire assets and start over just with what comes with make human? Also when I go thru the clothes assets, hair assets it still shows up after I reinstall the make human program.

In Windows, the downloaded assets are saved in the user data:

Code: Select all
C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\makehuman
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby johnsprofera » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:58 pm

Thank you for helping me. I checked and the documents file is empty. I reinstalled it after I thought it was deleted. Then went to check my user file after your message - C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\makehuman - and it was empty. The assets from the community are still in the program. Any other thoughts on what I can try? Appreciate the help. Thanks John
johnsprofera

Postby tomcat » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:22 pm

johnsprofera wrote:The assets from the community are still in the program. Any other thoughts on what I can try?

All the assets are stored in two places:
  • it's the program folder

Code: Select all
    [disk]:\makehuman-community\makehuman\data
  • and User Data.
It seems, perhaps in Windows, that user data can be duplicated in the cloud. Since I don't use this highly questionable feature, I can't verify it, but I have heard about it.
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby johnsprofera » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:20 pm

Tomcat I was able to delete the assists you were right... I believe it was Microsoft OneDrive that comes with these computer's. Thanks again John
johnsprofera

Return to General discussions about makehuman