Assets

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Assets

Postby johnsprofera » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:35 pm

Hello new to make human I am interested in downloading clothes from the website have watched some YouTube videos but they didn't seem to be in English... are there any tutorials out there in English that could be helpful? I really don't want to download the whole bundle I would like to pick and choose. Thanks John
johnsprofera

Re: Assets

Postby jwc » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:18 am

Welcome to MakeHuman, hope you find it useful.

You didn't mention if you are using the MakeHuman app, or the MPFB Blender plugin.

If you are using the MakeHuman app, one of the tabs is "Community"
Under this tab, you can search, browse and download clothing, hair, ... , quite often with images provided to show the items.
I have found this to be the easiest way to select individual assets, and is probably the easiest for a new user to learn.

You can also view and download assets on-line through the website, though the search function is limited.
see http://www.makehumancommunity.org/conte ... ssets.html
When this method is used, the asset files have to be individually downloaded and placed into the correct directory.
This works with both the app and the plugin, though they use different locations for their data directory.
*The plugin can search both directories for assets.

If you are just starting and do not want the (very useful but large) plugin bundles, I would recommend installing the app and using the community tab.
Note that joepal has done great work to clean up and standardize many of the assets in the bundles, so long term you will probably find them more useful.
jwc

Return to General discussions about makehuman