Can't Import to Blender 3.2

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Can't Import to Blender 3.2

Postby Wolfie138 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:32 pm

Hi all

i've used MH extensively and have a load of chars. just created a new one, same way as always, but when itry to import into Blender 3.2 w/ an MHX rig i'm just getting a load of error like
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Wolfie\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\import_runtime_mhx2\importer.py", line 57, in execute
    importMhx2File(self.filepath, cfg, context)
  File "C:\Users\Wolfie\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\import_runtime_mhx2\importer.py", line 145, in importMhx2File
    build(struct, cfg, context)
  File "C:\Users\Wolfie\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\import_runtime_mhx2\importer.py", line 235, in build
    rig,parser = buildRig(mhHuman, None, cfg, context)
  File "C:\Users\Wolfie\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\import_runtime_mhx2\armature\build.py", line 114, in buildRig
    cns.build(pb, rig, parser)
  File "C:\Users\Wolfie\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.2\scripts\addons\import_runtime_mhx2\armature\constraints.py", line 108, in build
    cns.use_tail = self.useTail
TypeError: bpy_struct: item.attr = val: KinematicConstraint.use_tail expected True/False or 0/1, not float
Dependency cycle detected:
  OBAmelia/master/POSE_IK_SOLVER() depends on
  OBAmelia/gaze/BONE_DONE() via 'IK'
  OBAmelia/gaze/BONE_READY() via 'Ready -> Done'
  OBAmelia/gaze/BONE_POSE_PARENT() via 'Pose -> Ready'
  OBAmelia/gaze_parent/BONE_DONE() via 'Parent Bone -> Child Bone'
  OBAmelia/gaze_parent/BONE_READY() via 'Ready -> Done'
  OBAmelia/gaze_parent/BONE_CONSTRAINTS() via 'Constraints -> Ready'
  OBAmelia/head/BONE_DONE() via 'Copy Transforms'
  OBAmelia/master/POSE_IK_SOLVER() via 'IK Chain Result'
Detected 1 dependency cycles

My existing characters do the same, though existing files w/ them in work fine. importing defaul seems to work but i need an FKIK rig. am i missing something out, been a while since i did a character :-/

TIA
Wolfie138

Re: Can't Import to Blender 3.2

Postby RobBaer » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:49 pm

Wolfie138 wrote:Hi all

i've used MH extensively and have a load of chars. just created a new one, same way as always, but when itry to import into Blender 3.2 w/ an MHX rig i'm just getting a load of error like

My existing characters do the same, though existing files w/ them in work fine. importing defaul seems to work but i need an FKIK rig. am i missing something out, been a while since i did a character :-/

TIA

I'm not sure this is a helpful comment, but you don't share with us what last worked for you. Blender is currently at version 3.3, but you are working with Blender 3.2. Did it work in Blender 3.2 beofre? Blender 2.8? Blender 2.79? That is, what has changed for you since things last worked.

The second component is the mhx2 way of moving things into blender. MHX2 is no longer supported by its author, but there is a new version on the MH github site that seems to have been working with the latetes Blender versions: https://github.com/makehumancommunity/m ... n-exchange Are you using this version?

You son't say precisely which skeleton you are working with. Have you tried moving your human to Blender useing the socket plugin for Blender instead of .mhx?
RobBaer

Postby ruinedalmonds » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:38 am

The most recent release of Blender is 3.3, but you're using 3.2mini crossword. While development on MHX2 has ceased, a replacement release can be found on the MH github site.
ruinedalmonds

Postby statisticsdate » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:26 am

ruinedalmonds wrote:The most recent release of Blender is 3.3, but you're using 3.2connections game. While development on MHX2 has ceased, a replacement release can be found on the MH github site.

I tried looking for an alternative release on the MH github page like you said but I still can't find it. Can you give me the link to it?
statisticsdate

Return to General discussions about makehuman