How do you make a body skinnier/fatter?

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

How do you make a body skinnier/fatter?

Postby WJ_Teng » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:08 am

I have been wondering... how do you make a body skinnier/fatter? I tried to make a body fatter but I'm not really satisfied with how it looks.
WJ_Teng

Re: How do you make a body skinnier/fatter?

Postby joepal » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:04 pm

Usually, you need to play around with both weight and muscularity. If you have a muscular heavy person it will look rather different than a non-muscular heavy person.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby tomcat » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:48 pm

Note that in addition to the general body settings, there are settings for parts: torso, arms, legs etc.
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:09 am

Greetings and salutations.

Making a realistic human model of size is a challenge, to put it mildly.

A big beautiful woman (BBW) has body mass as fat which is affected by gravity. It rolls and droops in a way that is not easy to get right. The heavier the model is, the more difficult it becomes to find the combination of slider movements within the Modelling tab which yield that nice round frame.

Always one to accept a challenge, I have found ways to get at that curvilicious gal and show her off in the world of 3D CGI. I have the Community to thank for this work and my success so far. Some of my efforts appear within the gallery right here on this forum.

Firstly, I start with the default base, which has no gender and is weight-to-muscle neutral. I then need to decide upon the age and height. When the sliders are in their middle untouched positions, the figure is about 28 years old and has a stature of around five feet and six inches with a body mass of around a hundred pounds. (Males are taller and more muscular than this by default.) It will not favour any one race, either black or white or in between.

After I establish the age and gender of the model, I can go for the height and weight. If the three race sliders are moved, all the settings I have mentioned above will be affected, so it is best to leave those alone for now. However, the proportion and height sliders interact and the results are strong, so be advised that a little goes a long way with these.

Once I know what gender, age, height and weight the model has and is, I can begin to sculpt it into a finished figure with a known racial bias. Know that much can be done with the stock controls within MakeHuman, but these sliders all affect each other in ways that are sometimes unpredictable. When the body is starting to reach the desired shape, one can then work on the face and limbs. Again, the stock controls will let you do much to this end.

If you want more realism and are feeling adventurous, you can add target files to MakeHuman. You can also add plugins which will give you more options when determining the initial shape of the figure you are creating. If you are running MH version 1.2.0 or later, you will find under the Utilities tab a sub tab called Save Targets. This lets you save the current shape of your model as a single target that can be applied to the default base which will cause it to take on the shape of the model you just made with only one slider. A saved target will appear in the Custom tab.

There is also a plugin known as the Body Shapes feature, which will appear as its own sub tab once added to MakeHuman and then enabled within the Settings tab under the Plugins sub tab. What this does is allow you to get at the seven basic body shapes and four hormonal variations commonly found in human bodies of all races and genders. Know that these controls are strong, so they need a light touch when employed during model creation.

If you look in the forum gallery you will find some images of the large ladies I have made using these methods. There are always going to be folks who are willing to help, after they see your entries in the forum. I am one of those folks, here to serve and always eager to see the efforts of yet another human maker who likes women of size and wants to make models of them which look real.

Happy model making!
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Postby WJ_Teng » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:09 pm

Hi Ricardo,

I wonder if you do men as well?

Ricardo2020 wrote:Greetings and salutations.

Making a realistic human model of size is a challenge, to put it mildly.

A big beautiful woman (BBW) has body mass as fat which is affected by gravity. It rolls and droops in a way that is not easy to get right. The heavier the model is, the more difficult it becomes to find the combination of slider movements within the Modelling tab which yield that nice round frame.

Always one to accept a challenge, I have found ways to get at that curvilicious gal and show her off in the world of 3D CGI. I have the Community to thank for this work and my success so far. Some of my efforts appear within the gallery right here on this forum.

Firstly, I start with the default base, which has no gender and is weight-to-muscle neutral. I then need to decide upon the age and height. When the sliders are in their middle untouched positions, the figure is about 28 years old and has a stature of around five feet and six inches with a body mass of around a hundred pounds. (Males are taller and more muscular than this by default.) It will not favour any one race, either black or white or in between.

After I establish the age and gender of the model, I can go for the height and weight. If the three race sliders are moved, all the settings I have mentioned above will be affected, so it is best to leave those alone for now. However, the proportion and height sliders interact and the results are strong, so be advised that a little goes a long way with these.

Once I know what gender, age, height and weight the model has and is, I can begin to sculpt it into a finished figure with a known racial bias. Know that much can be done with the stock controls within MakeHuman, but these sliders all affect each other in ways that are sometimes unpredictable. When the body is starting to reach the desired shape, one can then work on the face and limbs. Again, the stock controls will let you do much to this end.

If you want more realism and are feeling adventurous, you can add target files to MakeHuman. You can also add plugins which will give you more options when determining the initial shape of the figure you are creating. If you are running MH version 1.2.0 or later, you will find under the Utilities tab a sub tab called Save Targets. This lets you save the current shape of your model as a single target that can be applied to the default base which will cause it to take on the shape of the model you just made with only one slider. A saved target will appear in the Custom tab.

There is also a plugin known as the Body Shapes feature, which will appear as its own sub tab once added to MakeHuman and then enabled within the Settings tab under the Plugins sub tab. What this does is allow you to get at the seven basic body shapes and four hormonal variations commonly found in human bodies of all races and genders. Know that these controls are strong, so they need a light touch when employed during model creation.

If you look in the forum gallery you will find some images of the large ladies I have made using these methods. There are always going to be folks who are willing to help, after they see your entries in the forum. I am one of those folks, here to serve and always eager to see the efforts of yet another human maker who likes women of size and wants to make models of them which look real.

Happy model making!
WJ_Teng

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:10 pm

Greetings, WJ.

I have done a few male models but my current focus is the female form, specifically, BBW and SSBBW models.

I am assuming that the male body model building process would be like the female one except that men tend to be taller and more muscular with bigger bones. This is where the gender slider comes into play since it can dial in any variation between male and female bodies.

Basically, the male/female variable is the result of estrogen or testosterone levels in the body as it grows. These factors are genetic, and MH has the ability to select any combination, since both male and female bodies will host the two hormones to varying degrees.

I do have plans to start some male model making since my female models have boyfriends and husbands and fathers in the stories I am working on where they are featured. I am also planning on doing some children, which are even harder to create than their adult counterparts.

The Body Shapes plugin has both male and female controls, so getting that "beastly dude" model should be easy. Even without the plugin, the stock sliders can create a realistic man, either thin or thick. Also, the repository has many targets for getting closer to the real person.

Let me know if you need anything.

I look forward to your art.
Ricardo2020

Postby JESTERRRRRR » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:14 am

I realise my reply is a little late, missed the boat perhaps, but one thing people I show MH miss at first is how weight/muscle work together. If you wanted to remove fat but keep the character with a fairly 'average' muscle, after lowering the weight slider you then need to up the muscle one, since if a character has x% of weight as muscle, and you lower weight but keep muscle at x%, you're losing muscle and fat.

I find max muscle, min weight and max female gender looks pretty good for a very slim but healthy female. For male characters of a similar build I recommend 25-35% ish weight, max muscle, maybe 80 - 90% gender, so not full, and lowering proportion a tiny amount.
JESTERRRRRR

Postby leslietylees » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:16 am

I attempted to make a body fattersnow rider 3d but I'm not entirely happy with the results.
leslietylees

Postby Elvaerwyn » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:06 am

leslietylees wrote:I attempted to make a body fattersnow rider 3d but I'm not entirely happy with the results.

Have you tried the body shapes plugin available in the nightly build?

Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:22 am

When you launch MakeHuman, it presents a basic form which has no sex, is about 28 years old, has a fat to muscle ratio of 50/50, is a mix of three major races, and has no proportional bias. It is what I like to call "the pink blob". It has no teeth, tongue, eyelashes, eyebrows nor hair, and the skin has no real texture. The only preapplied features are those two brown eyes.

To make this figure fat, one simply has to move the weight slider to the right. The weight and muscle sliders are interactive. Moving one changes the other in an opposing way. The height and proportion sliders act the same way. The three race sliders are mixers. Moving one to the right will make it dominant. The age slider will affect all the others as will the gender slider.

The main sliders can be somewhat touchy when they all get moved from their default states. Extreme moves will result in some really weird results. The best approach is to move them a little bit at a time. Think of what the end result will be in terms of the type of person you are creating. Go slow and look closely at what happens when a slider is tweaked.

My workflow has made me do a lot of practice in order to arrive at realistic models of size. So far, I have made about 600 models. In brief, I follow these steps:

1. Decide on race.

2. Decide on gender.

3. Decide on age.

4. Work on height and proportion.

5. Work on fat to muscle.

Now you are ready for the hard part, the fine tuning. This involves the arms, legs, face, torso and genitals. If you want both sides of the figure to be symmetrical, click the symmetry button on the tool bar so that one side slider will affect the other side.

1. Shape the torso, working on the hips, stomach, buttocks and pelvis.

2. Shape the shoulders, hands, feet, arms and legs.

3. Shape the face. Work on the neck, eyes, ears, lips, nose, cheeks and chin.

Now you are ready to save the target so that a model can be made using the target slider on a default base. This makes your model portable to other computers.

1. Click the Utilities tab.

2. Click the Save Target tab.

3. Click the Save As button and tell MH to put the file in your documents/makehuman/v1py3/data/custom folder.

Now you are ready to make the model from your new saved target.

1. Save all your work and close MakeHuman.

2. Relaunch MakeHuman to get to the default base.

3. Click the Custom tab.

4. Locate your target in the left pane.

5. Move the slider all the way to the right.

Now you have a model which is ready for geometries, materials, rigs and topologies. When all these assets have been assigned, save the model to your documemts/makehuman/v1py3/data/models folder.

If you decide to share this model with the community, it is best to do one of two things:

First way:

1. Upload a saved version of the model without any assets applied.

2. Upload the target used to make said model.

3. Post a forum page with links to the model and its target. This can include a description and images depicting the model. Your page should be placed in the User Contributions section of the forum so folks can find it.

Second way:

1. Upload the model with assets assigned.

2. Upload the target used to make the model.

3. Post a page on the forum which includes links to all the assets you assigned to the model. This way, folks can go get and install said assets.

Some things to consider:

A MakeHuman model file is simply a text file which tells the program where things are and what to do with them. This includes asset locations, slider positions, and names/paths of everything involved.

Thus, if you download somebody else's model, be aware that their computer file structure might not be the same as yours. This will cause you to have to edit the file to reflect any differences concerning names and locations of items in the file.
Ricardo2020

Return to General discussions about makehuman