how to use tha material editor

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

how to use tha material editor

Postby MARLU » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:54 pm

for the Utilities section, is there a tutorial or manual explaining how to use the material editor for MH 1.2.0? Thanks
MARLU

Re: how to use tha material editor

Postby Ricardo2020 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:52 pm

I can give you a few tips about the Material Editor, although I have not read the official tutorial on that...

Launch MakeHuman.

Go into the Geometries tab and assign a piece of clothing you wish to edit.

Go into the Utilities tab and click on the Material Editor.

Find the clothing you want to edit listed in the left pane of the program. Tick the radio button next to the article.

Look in the right hand pane and find all the things you can assign or change, etc..

With each item in this pane, browse for and select all the items this pane is asking for. There will be a diffuse, ambient and normal texture to locate and select. There will also be an object file. If you have a lightsphere assigned, it will need to be selected also, or you can use a simple phong or toon preset over in the left pane of the program.

Once you have everything the way you want it to be, go down to the bottom of the right pane and hit the save button. It will ask if you want to replace the default MAT file. If you do, click OK. Otherwise, give the MAT file a new name and save it in a folder within the asset folder entitled Materials. If it is not there, create the folder. Then save your new MAT file into this new folder.

To get at the file you just created later on, simply assign that item of clothing and make sure to select either your MAT or the default one in the Materials tab near the top of the program window.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask.
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Return to General discussions about makehuman