MakeHuman addons not working in Blender

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: MakeHuman addons not working in Blender

Postby joepal » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:20 pm

The stable version of makehuman 1.2.0 was released almost a year ago. Why are you trying to install an alpha version?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Horatio_Unseen » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:27 pm

@Joepal
Quite possible answers for users running old versions, the "default" for many Linux distributions is 1.1.1 the average user is often unaware they need to add new PPAs or even how to add them. I am running a 2018 custom version of Ubuntu myself. Why? Because I made it myself and I know it like the back of my hand. Most Linux owners know some of this, I never assume they know everything. I built my own OS from the ground up, I still don't know everything about it... I think I might know the back of my hand a tad bit better.

Maybe because the download section for Windows users is not very clear? However the user ukesilkeris6 might be working on an old Windows PC? I will ask, are you running Windows 10 - 32 bit OS version? Before anyone states otherwise, yes they actually sell Windows 10 in 32 bit architecture. The download page states: The windows release is for 64-bit windows. 32-bit windows is no longer supported.
No offense to this user, but seldom have I run into tech gurus on Windows machines. I don't believe anyone Microsoft can call themselves a Windows guru either. Knowing a bit about Windows 10, I will attempt to assist you.
If you don't know your OS version, Start Button -> Settings -> System -> About. If you have 64-bit continue otherwise, you will need to run an older (unsupported) 32 bit version or replace your PC.
1. Download the zip file "makehuman-community-1.2.0-windows.zip"
2. Run the executable and follow the setup wizard.
3. The Blender add-ons are found within the addons_for_blender_28x folder within the zip archive.
4. At this point you should be able to operate the program.

I seriously doubt you are running 32-bit OS because you stated you are currently running Blender at 2.82 or higher? I will leave this here just in case others should browse this thread.

Unsupported Version 1.1.1 for Windows 32 bit OS
I think this version is requires Python version 2.7 or higher to be installed on your OS. Still works, however I doubt the plugins will work unless you run a reduced version of Blender.
As for you, you impostor, I'll have your memory pulled so fast you'll never forget it! ~~~ Captain Ken Cragis
Horatio_Unseen

Postby loki1950 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:43 pm

The original poster turned out to be a spammer so I hit the ban hammer.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby MatCreator » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:37 pm

as this was the closest thread to what i needed help with, i figure i would bump this up, hope thats ok?!?

i just had to clean swipe my system and installed windows 11 and blender 3, but am having a problem with the makehuman plugins...

a few things to point out... i had had version 3 running on my system with the makehuman plugins before i upgraded to windows 11. honestly, i dont know if they were working in blender 3 because i just never got to even trying them out, but at least the tabs were there...

so i wiped my system clean and did clean installs of both blender 3 and makehuman, and they seem to work just fine?!? i went to add the makehuman add-ons for blender, and here is where it gets weird =/

i did the first one, it went thru fine and i saw the tab on the right. 2nd went fine, tab showed up on the right. tried the 3rd, and blender seemed to not "accept" the plunin, nothing happened on the screen. tried the 4th, and the same...

i uninstalled blender, reinstalled it, and now none seem to be accepted by blender (im referring to the .zip files for the individual plugins). i select the zip and nothing happens...

when i initially installed blender 3 (while i had windows 10 on my system), i had told blender to transfer my settings from 2.93.5, so maybe thats why the tabs were visible?!? but i cant get why the first 2 would show after install and then stop working (being visible on the sidebar on the right in blender) after selection.

i guess the "solution" would be to roll back to 2.93.5 again, but i still need to know if that is indeed the problem, or if its something else i did wrong.

any advice would be super nice =)
MatCreator

Postby joepal » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:43 pm

I haven't tested the Make* addons in blender 3 yet. It would not be very surprising if they needed some adjustment.

MPFB2 is known to be working with blender 3. It contains ported versions of MakeTarget and MakeSkin. MakeClothes has yet not been merged

I'll take a look at testing the standalone addons in B3.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby DrHas » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:40 am

joepal wrote:I haven't tested the Make* addons in blender 3 yet. It would not be very surprising if they needed some adjustment.

MPFB2 is known to be working with blender 3. It contains ported versions of MakeTarget and MakeSkin. MakeClothes has yet not been merged

I'll take a look at testing the standalone addons in B3.

I've used MPFB2 in Blender 3, works fine apart from the ACES import issue. But this was a problem before 3. I struggled to get MHX2 to be recognised in 3, but after I put it into the app data folder - it showed up in the addons. I haven't tested it yet. I'm not sure why it was struggling to be seen in Blender either. At this stage, my feeling is because of the various Blender versions I had installed was the reason. Putting the addon in the Blender app data folder might work with other Makehuman Blender addons though.

Ben
DrHas

Return to General discussions about makehuman