MakeHuman Data folder

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

MakeHuman Data folder

Postby HashAsh » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:50 pm

Hi.

In Windows 10 MakeHuman, is it possible to fully move the location of the MakeHuman default Documents Data folder permanently??

I searched a few posts in forums but many are few years old & a commandline method was mentioned but I'm not sure if that's still the only way ??

Thanks.
HashAsh

Re: MakeHuman Data folder

Postby Elvaerwyn » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:13 pm

Greetings,
And welcome!
I am not sure if others have had any success with this, but the method suggested to me has worked and will work likely for you,
https://superuser.com/questions/284342/ ... r-use-them
This is still working, as of a few months ago, as I installed makehuman the new version, using this method for documents folder on another pc at that point!
Hope you have luck with this, as the document file can get really heavy with lots of custom assets!
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby RobBaer » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:18 pm

HashAsh wrote:Hi.

In Windows 10 MakeHuman, is it possible to fully move the location of the MakeHuman default Documents Data folder permanently??

I searched a few posts in forums but many are few years old & a commandline method was mentioned but I'm not sure if that's still the only way ??

Thanks.

I think the default folder is hardcoded and can't be changed without altering the source code. (Note that the Settings tab does not include a default path field). However, Load, Save, and export let you work with stuff stored in any location you have rights to access on your computer. Just use the ellipsis (3 dots) on the right side of the file name field.
RobBaer

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:20 am

There is a setting option which lets you choose another location. But it'll create a config file at the location defined by the environment variable LOCALAPPDATA. You will have to copy your stuff from the old to the new location manually.
Aranuvir

Return to General discussions about makehuman