Makehuman to Adobe Mixamo to Unity

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Makehuman to Adobe Mixamo to Unity

Postby fhs14647 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:29 pm

Dear Experts

I am using Makehuman 1.2 and I want to generate/use a model in Makehuman, use my model in Mixamo for some animations and importing my model and the animations finally to Unity.
My generated model in Makehuman is exported as fbx File with an a seperate Texture folder. It is only possible for me to import my fbx File into mixamo WITHOUT materials and textures. Animating my model mesh works fine.

In the end I imported the original fbx file with the texture Folder to unity, seperately I imported my generated mixamo animations also to unity.
But the result in Unity does not make me happy, because animations like jumping, running etc. do not look good. Only the idle animation works normal.

My question: does anyone has a good solution for my problem?
a.) how to combine efficientyl makehuman 1.2 to mixamo to unity?

Thanks a lot!!
Mike
fhs14647

Re: Makehuman to Adobe Mixamo to Unity

Postby fake_Person » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:15 am

Like 1st what are you trying to achieve?
(p.s a Known glitch/limitations is the makehuman eye, eyelashes and eyebrow has to be done manually I think)
bandicam 2021-02-21 04-13-34-661.mp4
slowed down
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 272 times

I have never used unity, so may you provide the same version please.
14 year old deadbeat http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature#
fake_Person

Postby fhs14647 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:22 pm

Thanks for your reply

I use unity 2019.4.10f1.

I only want to create a model in makehuman 1.2 and export it to adobe mixamo for different animation. Afterwards I want to use this animations (and the makehuman model) in unity as a main character.

Problems:
a.) it is not possible to upload the makehuman model with texture to mixamo, only the mesh
b.) it is possible to import the fbx and textures seperately to unity, but the animation does not work at all (not the movements from mixamo)

Thanks a lot
Mike
fhs14647

Postby fhs14647 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:24 am

I found the solution via a youtube video. From Makehuman 1.2. I export my model as an object file (not a fbx File). 3 Files are generated (obj,mtl and a folder with textures ). All of them I put to a singular zip File and this zip File 1 is uploaded to mixamo. On mixamo after rigging the model with textures is shown and ready. The model itsself I downloaded as a fbx File with skin, the animation as fbx files without skin.

The import and the animations to Unity work fine.
fhs14647

Return to General discussions about makehuman