Clothes working on 1.1.1?

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Clothes working on 1.1.1?

Postby sherlockpiano » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:41 am

Hi!
Clothes for man works on 1.1.1 version?
Also when pressing sitting, he is standing.
sherlockpiano

Re: Clothes working on 1.1.1?

Postby punkduck » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:17 am

Hi

With 1.1.1 there are two differences.

First: the path for 1.2 has changed, the version for 1.2 is v1py3, the old one was v1.

For a quick overview of the filesystem maybe this document helps, v1py3 or v1 is "<version>", makehuman uses two folders, the red "internal" one and a folder in user section.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/w/images/b/b6/MHDirectories.png

so for old one and a pose it was e.g. <somepathhere>./v1/data/poses/yourposehere.bvh

Second: Most clothes will work, some triangle meshes will create problems because of wrong calculation of an internal parameter (max-poles) in old version. If you get the problem you can do a trick and double the value for max-poles in the ASCII file <clothname>.mhclo with a text-editor ...
punkduck

Postby sherlockpiano » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:37 am

Thanks!
By the way how do you think, can I make analogical quality in Paint.net or paint 3d , for ex. Using fonts?
Want get good pictures.

And can be a person get good rating from public only by his skills and things, with middle quality of overall picture?
Maybe try some effects like oil painting?
sherlockpiano

Postby punkduck » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:57 am

Most people export the characters to a 3d application, most use Blender which is not an easy application to understand, that's true. Main reason is, that blender was designed to create 3d objects and materials so this always will be more complicated than just displaying objects.

There are a few tools to display 3d objects. Some systems e.g. use the .obj format, one of the possibilities to export the character. But then the information of materials is normally lost.

Doing "screen-shots" or grab the image? Since we are using an orthogonal display mode which does not look real because of no vanishing point, this has some limits. (look from head down to feet, they are huge :mrgreen: ).

If someone likes your art or not depends mostly on the message the art has. Sometimes even on the mood of the viewer, And of course, what I like other may dislike. That's normal. For a comic there are other "rules" than for a picture, where you try to create realism. Depending on your art itself, effects can be helpful in the end (e.g. using photoshop or GIMP).

When you take a look in deviantart there are a lot of people with art which is not complicated, but the idea is quite fascinating. It is hard to judge and it is also hard to find out, if people like the art a person does or not. If someone does real painting or is a good photographer he/she has advantages also in 3d arts, Creativeness is sth. very personal and it changes a lot when we get older because of own experiences etc. What I did not like in former times, I may like today and sometimes it is the other way round ...
punkduck

Postby sherlockpiano » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:02 pm

Thanks a lot.
I usually see likes on my posts.
I have good idea for my man, which is programmer.
But not professional painter.
So he could do many interesting, but it's to paint.
So can he be successful if painted without Blender...
His skills are super, but the pictures must be good.
sherlockpiano

Postby sherlockpiano » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:07 pm

For example he can make 3d worlds. With complex programming.
Like PHP hero.
So he is cool person, but if you want to make a pic like screensaver it's to realize...
Mh quality will be average.
And likes get people with well painted works, sometimes with apps.
sherlockpiano

Postby sherlockpiano » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:21 pm

What can I wait for from my person if without Blender?
It's only a part of the picture.
Paint.net can give results if making a pic from photos?
How to make other part so good..
Oil paintings, etc.
sherlockpiano

Return to General discussions about makehuman