Operating System, Blender and Makehuman

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Operating System, Blender and Makehuman

Postby VapeLord » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi community,

Lately I've been reading that there are various compatibility problems with different operating systems, Blender and MakeHuman. So I thought it might not be bad if users could post working combinations here in the forum.
For example, newcomers could compare their systems with those that work. This in turn could make troubleshooting easier if something does not work, as you could then exclude the system. What do you think of this suggestion?

I'll start ;)

Blender Version 2.79 + 2.82
MakeHuman Version: 1.2.0a3 + 1.2.0a4

Greets Vape
VapeLord

Re: Operating System, Blender and Makehuman

Postby VapeLord » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:36 pm

Today testet:

Blender Version 2.83.3
MakeHuman Version: 1.2.0 beta 2 (<-run as admin)

Works so far I could see. ;)
VapeLord

Postby RobBaer » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:09 pm

@VapeLord At present we are unaware of any operating system problems per se, so posts to the contrary would be welcome. MacOS does not have an installer but with limited testing seems to work from source, and 32-bit versions of other operating systems will generally not work with installed code, but likely would work from source.

The biggest issue for incompatibilities is graphics cards and graphics cards drivers. This can generally be overcome with the --noshaders switch. The problems seem to be diminishing as people ditch ancient computers, especially those with Intel cards and old drivers.
RobBaer

Postby VapeLord » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:03 am

Hi Rob,

that's right, contrary posts would be welcome but so far I haven't really read one. People can post something here. I made the start and just because I use Win7 does not mean that it does not work on Win8 / 10. Maybe I chose the heading incorrectly. I should have used system configuration or similar instead of OS. You can still add your graphics card etc.
I can't leave that with the old computers. My two, a PC and a laptop with Geforce and ATI graphics card, are a good 10 years old, as are the built-in components and MH works perfectly there. I mean even with the Intel chipset worked MH. I'm not sure anymore.
Therefore it always amazes me when I read "MH does not start" and then I see that the latest operating system on the PC. The best is also one of the newest graphics cards with the latest drivers. Then personally raises questions for me. :?:

But good. I just thought it would have been helpful to know which combination worked best for whom.
VapeLord

Postby malcolmroberts2201 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:14 pm

hi im new to the software im running the makehuman 1 on my old dell latitude d620 i use this to play age of empires i tried to down load the latest make human but because this machine is 32 bit it wont install i would love to find add on to the original one but all seem for new release i prefer the dell as im a bit old school anyone any ideas i would like to alter poses different wardrobes etc ???
malcolmroberts2201

Return to General discussions about makehuman