What addons are good for CLOTHING?

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

What addons are good for CLOTHING?

Postby Davidus » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:48 am

Hi. I learned a bit using MakeClothes2, previously studied on YouTube VScorpions tutorials. I am always looking for the best, easiest way. What are some good addons to make clothes with? CLoth Weaver I have seen, but it's pricey. Marvelous Designer is way too pricey. There's one called Garment Maker (something like that), but it generates triangles. I saw one called 'Modeling Cloth", it is low priced. I hope to find a efficient method to make clothes, that is not too expensive. :?:

MakeClothes2 is almost there. I've learned to use it, but need sill with texturing, UVs, normals. I know these words, but am not certain what they are!

I want to make say, Lab Coats. A British Naval Officer's coat with the long tail from the 1700s. More than just a T shirt and tights.
Davidus

Re: What addons are good for CLOTHING?

Postby loki1950 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:27 am

Makeclothes2 is the only one that integrates closely with makehuman texturing is really simple to understand you start with the UV map which is just a way of mapping where different parts a piece of are so you can paint the texture either within blender or with The Gimp or Photoshop while a normal map is baked using a higher resolution mesh that you add details to it's a a way of faking higher detail on lower cost hardware just try and do feel free to ask questions as you have seen by now we don't bite ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby Davidus » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:37 am

thanks I am looking at Manuel Bastione now, also. I am just looking to make some mid range characters for UNITY games. Want to find the fastest, easiest
way. I guess I "could" hack some of the clothes that are already made, but I am not that good at Blender. I studied Blender a couple years ago, then drifted off.
It's a TIME thing. It takes time to learn.
Davidus

Postby Davidus » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:35 pm

I dont wanna be hasty! I downloaded Manuel Bastione for 2.8. There is a new "MBastione" addon that works. DL'd it, got it work,then went to sleepy town. I have a pancreatic cyst, take tramadol for the pain, so it makes my brain.. foggy. I run out of brain juice and get tired. I am on the learning curve! Got them to work.. but I want more clarity and confidence. There are other great looking addons that could help me. The cloth addons, and also.. learning to add details. UNITY is my goal, as I work on projects. I've got FPShooter games up and running. Hacking the scripts sometimes. BUying scripts sometimes.

Blender & UNITY are like auto mechanics. You can't "buy" your way out. You've got to understand it.
Davidus

Return to General discussions about makehuman