MakeClothes2 -- Missing configuration file?

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: MakeClothes2 -- Missing configuration file?

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:49 pm

While I appear to be negative I actually like the new version. I'm just having growing pains getting used to it. My learning curve for Blender/MakeHuman stuff is probably steeper than yours so I might ask what you consider to be stoopid questions.
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Postby Elvaerwyn » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:16 pm

I don't think you have asked stupid or stoopid questions :P I hope our advice is helping and not hindering your progress XD! Feel free to ask any questions, just know we may not always have the answers ready made but will work to find them most times. I am exited though about the new makeclothes(convert clothes)and really appreciate the work punk put in remaking this and hope that with our combined stress tests this may become a definitive porting agent for assets. Was anything still hanging you up?
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Was anything still hanging you up?

Just my own (lack of) skills at this point. Of course I can also demonstrate my invisible third thumb. I put in about three hours making a pair of cordoroy slacks when as I was texturing them I must have hit something unexpectedly and lost all my work.

I still haven't figure out things like taking the tights helper and converting it into a plausible flight suit or pair of overalls.

The scenes I am working on right now involved various ground crew members (mechanics, technicians, etc) servicing a landed starship. Seen on these scenes as a large curved surface leading out of frame. Even small starships are freekin' huge.

Half the fun for me is working it all out. If I can do really well detailed model railroad scenes I ought to be able to figure out how to cobble some clothes together.

Well... I used to be able to do detailed MRR models.... but my fingers don't work well any more.
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Postby punkduck » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:36 pm

SaltyCowdawg wrote:
Just my own (lack of) skills at this point. Of course I can also demonstrate my invisible third thumb.

I put in about three hours making a pair of cordoroy slacks when as I was texturing them I must have hit something unexpectedly and lost all my work.

hmm, we say "two left hands with ten thumbs" in Germany. Believe me, even that I am working very long time with Blender, GIMP and other things, Mr. Murphy and his law is also available for me.

SaltyCowdawg wrote:I still haven't figure out things like taking the tights helper and converting it into a plausible flight suit or pair of overalls.

You can also import an existent similar .obj file from out clothes collection and try to modify it. The old "test clothes" (which is a .mhclo file loader which adapts the piece of cloth to another base mesh, so e.g. to test a child mesh with adult clothing) I am just re-implementing. This might also help in future. The left, right, middle groups? We did not implement that, But it is not a big problem, the old program just took the x-coordinates and checked if it was negativ or positiv and created the groups. I mostly used groups for body and arms, so that I do not have problems with sleeves glued to the body ... and this I learned after a year ;)

What Elv said is of course true, we are working on a new version. Elv did a lot of tests and I hope we will get some additional input. This makeclothes should be usable for beginners but also for advanced. So we already did heels with that, huge tri-meshes etc. The material section is still missing.

SaltyCowdawg wrote: If I can do really well detailed model railroad scenes I ought to be able to figure out how to cobble some clothes together.

Isn't that a necessary basic requirement? :D
I am sure you can. Without that I would not try to do detailed scenes ... so welcome to the club:

dio5-step15.jpg
punkduck

Previous

Return to General discussions about makehuman