Skinny male?

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Skinny male?

Postby BaronVonGott » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:19 pm

grab_2020-01-23_12.22.00.png
I made a lot of cool characters in Makehuman. Beautiful women, horrible villains, miscellaneous monsters, etc. But I'm having trouble making a decent main male character. I know there's some sort of problem with the male chest and nipples. I've tried using Elvs maleproxy1 and Elvs male chest correction and Elvs male nipple, but the character still ends up kind of deformed and lumpy-looking. What am I doing wrong? Is there a proper way to adjust the measurements to make a thin male with a toned body?
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BaronVonGott

Re: Skinny male?

Postby pepo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:32 pm

Which modelling modifiers did you try? From looking at the image, I would suggest to reduce the shoulder muscle mass, but I don't know if the shoulders bother you. Maybe add a reference image so that we understand what you believe is wrong with your model?
pepo

Postby pepo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:04 pm

Here is my attempt, using no custom modifiers. Rename extension from *.txt to *.mhm
For whatever reason, this forum doesn't allow to attach a *.mhm file :D
Attachments
pepo-thinmale.txt
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 760 times
pepo

Postby BaronVonGott » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:28 pm

Forgive these pictures, but it's the only way I know how to explain. I'm using Harvey's stomach muscles and Elv's male nipple. This is the normal male using these targets with no genitals. You can see Elv's male nipple corrects the chest and you can see Harvey's muscles clearly.
grab_2020-01-29_18.01.36.png
This is Elv's male proxy. This is what I'm currently using. See how the muscles become distorted? It improves the nipples, but distorts the stomach muscles. There's also a problem with the penis mesh on this proxy.
grab_2020-01-29_18.01.55.png
This is the standard male genitals. See how it keeps the muscles intact, but makes the nipples disappear?
grab_2020-01-29_18.01.12.png
This is the standard male proxy. There's no excess mesh.
grab_2020-01-29_18.03.10.png
This is Elv's proxy. See how the mesh on the penis distorts?
grab_2020-01-29_18.02.45.png
I don't know how to fix this. Isn't there a way to have a normal chest, penis, and stomach muscles? Elv's proxy fixes the chest, but distorts the muscles and penis. The normal proxy distorts the chest, but allows for normal penis and stomach.
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BaronVonGott

Postby Elvaerwyn » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:26 pm

What comes immediately to mind is the basic facts here. Not all proxies work with all targets, not all targets work with each other and not all combinations work will all dummies....If you want a whole body target that does all these things together with a specific dummy like basic male model its very doable with maketarget. Is this a request? maybe one of us can do this for asset repository but would need to know exacting parameters. Have you tried to make your own full body target for male models in blender yet?
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby BaronVonGott » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:38 pm

I'm sorry to complain about your mesh, I use so many of your custom items. Most of my characters have hair you made. Can this be a request? I didn't know we were allowed to request things, I thought we basically make our own. I have Blender, but I'm extremely new. I'm still figuring out Makehuman and I'm not ready for Blender yet. I tried it, but it's very complicated and I don't have a mouse for my laptop. I've just been using Makehuman for now, and I still can't get all the clothes and skins working correctly. If it's possible, I'd like to request a custom mush that works with your proxy and Harvey's target. Your proxy is the only one that fixes the chest and nipple bug. It just doesn't work with Harvey's muscles and I found out about the problem with the genital adjustment mesh by accident.
BaronVonGott

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:19 pm

I'm still figuring out Makehuman and I'm not ready for Blender yet.

I've been messing about with both MakeHuman and Blender now for about six years and I'm still trying to figure it all out. You are not alone. I'm still learning stuff about both products.
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Postby BaronVonGott » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:37 pm

Makehuman is a little more my speed. I'm not a computer programmer or advanced graphic designer, I used to create characters in video games for fun. Sims people, wrestlers, a football team, and various people in Saints Row. Making characters here is pretty easy, but I have problems installing the new items properly because of my lack of computer knowledge. Blender seems extremely complicated. It seems like a different language or something. I know it can make clothes and animate the characters, but I think I have to perfect them here before I animate them.
BaronVonGott

Postby loki1950 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:00 am

Blender will also let you have more realistic materials than the simple OpenGL view-port of MH and better more complex lighting etc.Building scenes gets to be fun when you have finally climbed the learning curve though at first it looks like a cliff so feel free to ask questions most of us will pound a piton into the cliff for you so you can look around a bit higher on that curve.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby BaronVonGott » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:14 am

Thanks, I definitely appreciate it. This is a helpful and friendly group you've got here. People are always pretty quick to answer questions or give advice. I read somewhere you can make short films with Blender or import them into video games. A lot of my villains are tiered like video game characters anyway. I definitely have enough people for a fighting game at the very least.
BaronVonGott

Next

Return to General discussions about makehuman