Skinny male?

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Skinny male?

Postby BaronVonGott » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:54 am

I also noticed this when I removed his skin. The framework of the proxy partially stays. Would this interfere with the skin somehow? Maybe this is the problem?
grab_2020-01-31_21.27.27.png
grab_2020-01-31_21.28.08.png
grab_2020-01-31_21.27.52.png
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BaronVonGott

Postby punkduck » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:44 pm

Hi

This is not an easy task and because the assets are from different persons it might not always work.

Internally the system works with layers. The "delete-groups" are normally defined by people creating the clothes. Some do, some don't. For the skeleton the delete-group would be the complete body, very similar to my Ava body. But not e.g. the penis and parts of the proxy which will be even outside the standard body.

Since a proxy is working similar to a normal piece of cloth it follows the laws. The order of these layers must be correctly given by z-depth parameter (e.g. when underwear should be hidden by outerwear, z-depth must be higher for outerwear). Mostly it was set to 50 because that's the default in MakeClothes :lol:

Maybe (I am not a 100% sure) it is possible to set the zdepth to a higher level for the skeleton (in mhclo-file).

Here was my example a few years ago using two clothes but same question:
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13833&start=12

As you see I found the solution after some hours and did have the same problem.

On the other hand: it does not make much sense to combine sth which should be deleted completely, so switch proxy off and take this text as the pure theory ;)
punkduck

Postby BaronVonGott » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:50 pm

So, would that affect the skin somehow? I'm driving Elv crazy just trying to make a normal thin male with a toned muscle tone. It's easy to make fit women, but their male counterparts are either chubby and doughy-looking, or thin with female breasts. I can't figure it out at all, and Elv is an expert and she's having trouble with this problem too I think.
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BaronVonGott

Postby BaronVonGott » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:16 pm

I'm basically just trying to add male genitals to this body shape. I have the body exactly the way I want it, but adding genitals causes problems. There's only two choices: 1 Use the default proxy and completely ruin the chest, or 2 Use Elv's male proxy and have it fix the chest, but wreck the stomach.
grab_2020-02-01_11.03.48.png
This isn't a problem for female characters.
grab_2020-02-01_11.00.23.png
I could also use the flaccid penis clothing item, but it's gigantic. My character is a small male, the flaccid penis looks like a 3rd leg on him.
BaronVonGott

Postby BaronVonGott » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:30 pm

It does solve the stomach muscles problem, it's just gigantic.
grab_2020-02-01_11.23.27.png
BaronVonGott

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:49 pm

I am no expert Im just someone who has found her way around over years lol XD! Im not frustrated with you either hon, I am just well aware of the limitations of the software and the combinations between assets and authors. I do wish you would dive into blender-but when you are ready as in blender the tweaking is simply smoothing a few errant vertexes! With my proxy and harveys muscles and in conjunction with the nipple correction this simply creates that small imperfection. If you put it in wire view and you will see how the harvey stomach pushes a space between the vertexes in the exact area where there looks to be fat deposits. removing the proxy is a workaround as is putting on a clothing version of a male appendage. There is not many of these types of assets shared yet as this is a very personal sculpt and everyone has differing ideas of what it should appear like or what size it should be. Like punk said earlier, a full body proxy is usually the go to here but would need blender to do so eh. Or as I would suggest a quick smooth blender side. A full body target and use only part of each of the needed targets may help thats why i combined them for you and hoped you would remove existing targets and try with only the one and only part of that even as it over effects breast region this way for w/e reason. Good luck buddy and keep on trying as effort is necessary to see the progress and I do hope you will enjoy your arts in this community :D
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby BaronVonGott » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:56 pm

I think my best option is the flaccid penis clothing item as it doesn't interfere with your chest correction or Harvey's stomach muscles, but that thing is a cannon. It would be good on one of my larger characters like Sarge, but it looks kind of comical on my skinny guy. Maybe someone will make a smaller one. I'm afraid poor Clyde is going to trip over the thing. It also needs to match your custom lightskinned male 1.
BaronVonGott

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:28 am

Would you take a quick look in asset repository and see if that solution may work with you? There is a new penis as clothes uploaded and a new skin with a lil pubic hair.
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby BaronVonGott » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:32 am

Yeah, no problem. Let me check it out. I made a funny little post with the huge one. I've made Clyde's problems into a bizarre story.
BaronVonGott

Postby BaronVonGott » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:42 am

Ok, I found it now. It took me a second, I was looking under clothes instead of body parts. I found the hero hands there by accident so a good day overall. Thank you very much.
BaronVonGott

Previous

Return to General discussions about makehuman